FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dinghy Show

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
s.a.l.t.y View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote s.a.l.t.y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dinghy Show
    Posted: 05 Mar 11 at 9:51pm
Ovingtons is next to the icon pretty much. Not quite sure how you could have missed the big old 49er in the center of the hall...
Ruscoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ruscoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 11 at 10:25pm
Graeme, if your mate is after a nearly new quick phantom i know of a very, very good boat for sale.  If you want the details PM me.

Villan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Villan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 11 at 12:28am

Definitely didn't have the same feel as when I last went a few years back, but it was good to see a few old faces again.

Good chat with a gent on the Challenger stand, same on the SOlution (sorely tempted .. prices are coming down to my range :D )

Believe we saw GRF on the Alto stand this morning, and Russ poking around at the icon - would have said Hi but wasn't 100% sure .. Icon is bigger than I expected!

Oh - and Toms face when a random person walked up to him and plonked a plate of cake on the desk infront of him ..... 

Edited by Villan - 06 Mar 11 at 12:29am
Vareo - 149 "Secrets"
TandyUK Servers
tgruitt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tgruitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 11 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by Villan

Definitely didn't have the same feel as when I last went a few years back, but it was good to see a few old faces again.

Good chat with a gent on the Challenger stand, same on the SOlution (sorely tempted .. prices are coming down to my range :D )

Believe we saw GRF on the Alto stand this morning, and Russ poking around at the icon - would have said Hi but wasn't 100% sure .. Icon is bigger than I expected!

Oh - and Toms face when a random person walked up to him and plonked a plate of cake on the desk infront of him ..... 

Ha! Yes that was a highlight of the show, thanks for the cake! I reckon Saturday was a great day, a lot of people up compared to last year and a great atmosphere.
Needs to sail more...
radixon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote radixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 11 at 7:52pm
I went Saturday, was good chatted to people we wanted to, saw GRF with his Dakine hat on
PaulB View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 11 at 9:05pm
Is the Alto used for cruising ? It looked like it had a tent on the foredeck ?
Phantom 949
I luv Wight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote I luv Wight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 11 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by PaulB

Is the Alto used for cruising ? It looked like it had a tent on the foredeck ?

I liked the canvas foredeck on the N12 more.

http://www.bloodaxeboats.co.uk
Andy P
foiling Int Moth GBR3467
Freedom 21 Codling
I luv Wight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote I luv Wight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 11 at 9:45pm
I tend to agree with Graeme about the 'old skool' style of the boats - a large number of them reminded me of  Morris Minor styling ( ie 1950s )
There were some very nice modern looking boats, but a lot of similar shiny white plastic or shiny varnish on old-fashioned looking boats.
At my club, there are only 3 wood boats ( 1 Mirror, 1 Merlin and half a Solo ), and all the boats sailed  here are fairly modern - mostly RS and Lasers, so seeing all the GPs and Enterprises and similar was a bit of a culture shock.
I also spotted some big chaps at the Phantom stand!
I got a bit of a sales pitch on the X1 stand, but didn't bite  Wink
The Icon looked nice Smile   ( big rig though )

http://www.bloodaxeboats.co.uk
Andy P
foiling Int Moth GBR3467
Freedom 21 Codling
Contender443 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Contender443 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 11 at 7:44am
Well I ordered a new boat and should get it in a couple of weeks Tongue
G.R.F. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote G.R.F. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 11 at 8:26am
I have to say, I got very tempted by one of those Contenders.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>