FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dinghy Show

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
G.R.F. View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote G.R.F. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dinghy Show
    Posted: 16 Feb 11 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by jwlbrace

And I thought you'd be manning the V-Twin stand commanding an army of bikini clad lovelies to administer all those deposits now the world has a boat as fast as an MPS but as simple as a Topaz...

Well if I thought there were a market of well heeled ageing midgets in need of boat speed, I'd get right on it. 
As it is, two more brands to cope with, a lengthy trip to the fatherland and a viscious bout of girl flue have slowed the V-Twins progress somewhat. That and strong advice not to go near the place without something retail ready to go, advice which I must admit I'd give myself following my own experiences.

That is, if I had something to market and buyers wanting to purchase of course.
winging it View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote winging it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 11 at 8:56pm
I'm going on the Saturday.  We hope to buy her indoors a female friendly BA and I will genrally be gawping at the lovely boats, especially moth, kestrel, contender, phantom, streaker, byte.  There is no point in looking at the l2k stand because they all look the same.  My 14 doesn't look like other 14s, and sadly there is no longer a marauder class....and there'll be nothing for the french thing either..
the same, but different...

patj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote patj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 11 at 7:59pm
Saturday too for us and hope to meet all the cvrda crowd in the bar at lunchtime
winging it View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote winging it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 11 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by patj

Saturday too for us and hope to meet all the cvrda crowd in the bar at lunchtime

tell me where and when and I'll be there!
the same, but different...

Rupert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 11 at 8:31pm
So far the Firefly stand is not over run with helpers, so if one of you could bring me a pint, that would be most welcome!
Firefly 2324, Puffin 229, Minisail 3446 Mirror 70686
ex laser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ex laser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 11 at 10:55am
real ale?
Fraggle View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fraggle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 11 at 4:23pm
Will be there on the sat - first year in ages not working both days so really looking forward to having a good look around for a change!

Winging it - can I recommend the rooster ladies black diamond BA.  Its not in girly colours but it is the only BA I've ever owned that is comfortable due to the split panel and shaping on the front.
PeterG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote PeterG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 11 at 5:41pm
real ale?

Surely you wouldn't bring lager to a Firefly stand?
Peter
Ex Cont 707
Ex Laser 189635
DY 59
patj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote patj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 11 at 6:59pm
A pint of Old Peculiar would probably be the most appropriate given Rupert's fleet  Smile

Edited by patj - 25 Feb 11 at 6:59pm
ex laser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ex laser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 11 at 1:58am
if rupert had a beard i would have not needed to ask the question! Wink

i was just trying to made sure i had the order correct. LOL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>