FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A day's course on the weather

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Do'm View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Do'm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 11 at 1:55pm
Interesting this, 57 views and not one reply. I am interested in this event and I think it is too expensive. Others I have spoken to also think that 125 in these difficult times is too much money. What are your views on this? How much would you be willing to pay to attend an event like this?

Dom
AL8069, Magical K1 03, Kairos
Do'm View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Do'm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 11 at 3:06pm
I went to Simon Keeling's 'Weather School' talk at the London Boat Show and really enjoyed it. So much so that I parted with 20.00 for his DVD about the weather. He runs various courses at his place in Staffordshire and is taking his show on the road to Southampton on 5th March. Yes I know it clashes with the Dinghy Show but he's a weather forecaster and probably a big boat sailor so this will not have been on his radar.
Thge folowing is a partial extract of his blurb on the Scuttlebutt forum and for the full explanation go to http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread.php?s=195a251d7d1e1da6e5ac69cbe6931657&t=260562

The aim of Sailing Weather Part 1 is to enable all sailors (from beginners to professionals) to make more use of weather forecasts, be able to predict conditions better for themselves, and to have a fuller understanding of weather charts. We cover subjects such as air masses, fronts, pressure systems, clouds, local winds and much more. For more information about what is covered see http://www.weatherweb.net/weatherschoolsailing.htm

The course will cost 125 per person and this cost includes lunch and refreshments on arrival and through the day.
It may sound expensive and it may also repay well if you make a few good decsions as a result of what you have learned. I believe I will.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12