FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

V Twin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 142>
Author
Boydgt View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Boydgt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 11 at 6:28pm
Actually catamarans are not allowed in our club, however one member has one of these
Dougaldog View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dougaldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 11 at 6:51pm

to use the famous Blue Peter quotation

"he is one I prepared earlier"

Dougal

Dougal H
WoodenBoatLuvver View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote WoodenBoatLuvver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 11 at 6:56pm
LOL

Edited by WoodenBoatLuvver - 22 Jan 11 at 6:08pm
G.R.F. View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote G.R.F. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 11 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by WoodenBoatLuvver

So which one can we'al reliably and holding in bated breaths of virtual reality, expect to see at Alley Pally come March(2011?)

You maybe won't, the boys are very anti the dinghy show, they're logic is unless you have a ready to go full retail spec'd all glitches ironed out show special, all you'll get is ill informed and/or  axe grinding envious criticism which can be self defeating, by its very nature the dinghy show is a class association show of folk trying to attract other folk to their respective classes, not like a proper boat show.

I can see their point, although I'm not doing this for any commercial ends, if it does do what I want it to do, with any degree of alacrity, then maybe there's a market and the boys think someone might take it on.

We'll see, if I've got something I'd like to share, there maybe space on a supplier of bits stand wanting a novelty upon which to display their wares.

Originally posted by jwlbrace

One serious consideration is the freeboard. It looks very formula to me Graeme, I'm certainly not in the 'slow' camp, but do remember a formula and proper skiff tends to mean you're on your feet not dragging your butless chapped arse through the waves like the 100

Yes, it's going to be deeper and its going to get D1 style benches,which will come off as and when there's wire possibility.
G.R.F. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote G.R.F. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 11 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by I luv Wight

Here's one I did earlier for Graeme  ( exactly a year ago!)

Yes I'm sorry about that, victim of my terrible memory I'm afraid, like these guys who I also contacted back then and promptly forgot who they were or how I'd gotten in touch with them last year. My minds like a sieve and there's just a stack of other stuff going through it right now what with taken on loads of new brands to launch at work, no disrespect intended. It's actually a wonder I've gotten this far.
I luv Wight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote I luv Wight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 11 at 9:27pm
It was just a quick sketch, similar, but quite different.  Smile
The problem with mine would be the angled direction of travel and the board alignment(s)

The best bit of the new design is the name - Very good   Clap   ( or should that be V good )

http://www.bloodaxeboats.co.uk
Andy P
foiling Int Moth GBR3467
Freedom 21 Codling
Jimbob View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jimbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 11 at 10:45pm
Whatever you do try to ensure it performs very well in light winds otherwise it's dead in the water. Light winds were/are the death knell for Vortex/smallCat types of boat. And let's have a big baggy thing up front.
Jimbob
G.R.F. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote G.R.F. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 11 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by Jimbob

Whatever you do try to ensure it performs very well in light winds otherwise it's dead in the water. Light winds were/are the death knell for Vortex/smallCat types of boat. And let's have a big baggy thing up front.

Yes, very much the biggest challenge, we're tryin to do it with a three stage rocker so in the very light stuff we can lift the stern and or rock it over to one side.

Wetted surface Bow Up (which will reduce with dynamic lift as the boat planes)

Wetted surface Bow down, stern lifted.

This with assumed 150 kilos on board which is unlikely.

These two show it from another angle.

It is an issue and we're not done with it yet.

Big baggything up front goes without saying, as might be a self tacking jib on its own boom a la model yacht.

Edited by G.R.F. - 19 Jan 11 at 11:47pm
timeintheboat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote timeintheboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 11 at 6:31am
Big baggything up front goes without saying, as might be a self tacking jib on its own boom a la model yacht.

Three sail single hander? Good stuff!
Like some other things - sailing is more enjoyable when you do it with someone else
JimC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JimC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 11 at 8:37am
The wetted surface pictures are all very well, but as soon as the boat has any speed on won't they be entirely misleading? The bow and stern wave systems are going to have a big impact on what is immersed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 142>