FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

London BS 2011

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
alstorer View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote alstorer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: London BS 2011
    Posted: 03 Jan 11 at 10:49am

Is anyone actually bothering going, that isn't going for work purposes? Is there any point if you're not after buying a cruising yacht (sail or motor), really? Expensive and lacking anything I want to see- even the shopping isn't up to much the past few years, with few deals better than internet (though handy for trying things on).

I know some on here do have an interest in lead-dragging boats, but if you don't have such an interest, is there ANYTHING of interest due to be there this year? With the second weekend's dinghy racing outside cancelled, and no sign of anyone launching even a new plastic tub, why go?

-_
Al
Medway Maniac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Medway Maniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 11 at 2:28pm
You sound as frustrated as I feel, Al. The New Year's Day race was just enough to re-awaken my interest in time for the fallow season.

I'll be going to the Boat Show indirectly, in that I'll be on the Ramblers Holidays stand on the Saturday of the Outdoors Show, which runs at the same venue at the same time (partially). I gather that the one ticket enables you to do not only the two shows mentioned, but also the Bike Show, so if you're a general outdoorsy-type person as many of us are, you might get your money's worth if you go between the 13th-16th.
alstorer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote alstorer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 11 at 3:53pm
If the Bike Show and Outdoors show are on at the same time, is the Boat Show all in a single hall? I know last year they weren't using all of both halls... I appreciate they're now using the third hall as well, but that's going to have whacking big pool in it.
-_
Al
G.R.F. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote G.R.F. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 11 at 4:11pm
I don't think they are all in the same hall, but I believe they can be accessed by a single ticket. We're going to the bike and outdoor bit, got a small stand on the cusp of the two shows, taking our new bikes and kayaks, got this new two or three part kayak which is easier to store and travel with and a bunch of cool cruiser bikes as well as the high end downhillers.
Not sure exactly which days I shall be there, but I'll be there at some point, if you're up there, swing by and say hi!

Webmuppet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Webmuppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 11 at 4:18pm
I'll be going to the LBS and the Dinghy Show......I usually find the former to be a an interesting day out and I generally find enough things to entertain me . Obviously if your interests are solely dinghy oriented then the RYA Dinghy Show is going to be far more relevant, but I'll be taking littl'un who will enjoy the stage show and watching the activities in the pool at the LBS whereas I (a pond sailor) will enjoy the spectacle of some the outrageously expensive lead-mines and powerboats. Nobody makes you go to these things but it's still a relatively cheap day out (Tickets £4.50 via Tesco's vouchers) and a chance to meet up with a few friends,

Cheers,

Nigel
I am the milkman of human kindness, I will leave an extra pint (Billy Bragg)

Graduate 2530 'Galaxy'
Medway Maniac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Medway Maniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 11 at 4:22pm
I take it nobody has seen a floor plan yet? In the past, I've found one on the show website to print out and use for navigation.
radixon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote radixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 11 at 5:38pm
There is a floor plan on the site, the LBS is in both halls with the pool in another hall. The "outdoors" part is very small in comparision.

I am not going, I can;t see the point looking at things I can't afford. Will possibly got to the DS in MArch.
alstorer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote alstorer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 11 at 6:08pm

There's a floor plan in the Outdoor Show interactive show guide that shows the bike and outdoors taking up what appears to be a whole hall

edit:

Found a non-printable guide for the show here. Looks like the entire boatshow is in the new hall extensions?

Edited by alstorer - 03 Jan 11 at 6:21pm
-_
Al
Merlinboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Merlinboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 11 at 6:57pm
Dinghy show for me, i have not been to the LBS for years and years now.
Leondon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Leondon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 11 at 6:52pm
I recommend going. Admitting I have not been before. One hall is mainly dedicated to clothing, tools, equipment etc. So it's not just expensive yachts

I went yesterday. Didn't buy anything but went on board some nice looking yachts.
See my short video :http://www.youtube.com/leondonet?v=zb9tTmr10ug
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>