FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ratings in sailwave

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Left Foot View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Left Foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ratings in sailwave
    Posted: 16 Nov 10 at 9:03pm
I have a csv file of PN ratings in the ratings folder. The path to the folder is right but sailwave doesn't read it. In edit competitor there are no classes to choose from and the dialogue box says that there are no rating files set up. I have tried importing a rating file from the sailwave resource page and putting that in my ratings folder, but it doesn't read that either. Any ideas?
LF
craiggo View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote craiggo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 10 at 11:03pm
I assume you have started a new series, rather than using an existing one?

If not then the reason is that only the history is included with the file with no link to the ratings list. A new series should pick up the list in the your ratings folder. If not then check the glob options / folders tab and make sure the path for the ratings file is correct. If nothing is here then browse the correct path, select it then save your series. It should now work fine.
Left Foot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Left Foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 10 at 11:22pm
Thanks for the  reply. Yes, it is a new series and the path is correct. I have now got a file from the sailwave resource page to work - but if I download the 2010 PY excel file from the RYA and convert it to CSV then sailwave won't read it. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.
LF
craiggo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote craiggo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 10 at 1:12pm
Check the format.

The RYA PY list is not in the same format as the .csv ratings file.

The ratings file you need has three columns. One tells you what rating systems you are using ie. PY, the next has the class, and the third the rating.

Check you also have the semi-colons between any heading text and the actual ratings.

The easiest thing to do is take the 2009 PY .csv file from the resource page on sailwaves website, and then cut and past in the new PY number and any new classes etc. It should then work.

Paul
Left Foot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Left Foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 10 at 1:38pm
Thanks a lot, Paul. I had just worked out that updating the file that works (the one that you suggest) would be the easiest option.
LF
 Post Reply Post Reply