FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

multiple boat cover

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
winging it View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote winging it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: multiple boat cover
    Posted: 17 Oct 10 at 1:03pm
I am about to need to insure my contender, because I will shortly be able to sail it again, and a laser 2000 because I want to check it is seaworthy before I sell it.  I already have insured a kestrel, a simoun 445 and a streaker.  The streaker belongs to her indoors, so while she is sailing that we can't sail the kestrel, likewise she won't sail the kestrel while I'm sailing the contender.  I will shortly be putting my phantom back on the water, but clearly if I'm sailing that I'm not sailing the contender or the kestrel, though her indoors might be sailing the streaker...and so on.... Confused

At the moment I appear to need separate policies for all the boats.  Is there a better way? 
the same, but different...

Skiffybob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Skiffybob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 10 at 5:49pm
Talk to John at Nobles. He's pretty good with this kind of thing.
12ft Skiff - Gordon Keeble and the Furry Fly-by
AC - GBR271 - Whoosh
B49 - Island Alchemy
Noble Marine View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote Noble Marine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 10 at 10:13am
Nessa

We could add the Laser 2000 to one of your existing policies for a weekend to enable you to test it out.  Let me know when you plan to launch and I'll sort something out for you.

With regard to the Contender and the Phantom, Noble Marine don't offer a multiple boat policy so you would need another policy for this boat.

Obviously you are unlikely to have more than 2 boats on the water at any one time, however they would be covered if anyone else were to borrow a boat and so more of the "fleet" could be afloat at anyone time.  The boats would also be covered while in the dinghy park unused.

Jon

Post Options Post Options   Quote winging it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 10 at 12:26pm
Well, I have taken out cover for the contender, since it is on the road this afternoon and may be on the water sometime soon (pretty please mr surgeon) but I will have a chat with you re the L2k.  I really only need something short term for that.

I can't actually remember if the phantom is still covered; it is in the back garden, partly stripped...

mo.allen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mo.allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 10 at 3:31pm

Does anyone offer a multi-boat policy?  Club Allen is now standing at four boats and I just want to simplify my life.  In case it is relevant, my family currently owns a 200, a 700 and two cadets

Thanks

Mo

Post Options Post Options   Quote winging it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 10 at 5:23pm
I didn't find one worth having.  I really must remember to ring Jon; the L2k is nearly ready to sail!

patj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote patj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 10 at 5:34pm
I've got mine with Bishop Skinner (Bluefin) and I've got two policies (historic reasons) covering six boats. No problems adding an extra boat - the Albacore cost £27 for the 9 months left on the policy.
brookesy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote brookesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 10 at 10:03am
I also have similar cover to Pat with Bishop Skinner and found them very helpfull.
 Post Reply Post Reply