FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Contender setup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
mattmd View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote mattmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Contender setup
    Posted: 26 Oct 10 at 3:50pm
To be honest, ive only been out 3 times, 
it is fantastic boat, quick to rig, fast and not out of control. 
It is a challenge but doesnt feel out of control. 
A pleasure to sail and I would certainly recommend the boat  

Matt MD
Contender GBR-620

Black no sugar View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Black no sugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 10 at 6:01pm
Yep it's a good boat! I have sailed her several times as it used to belong to Contender443. He was planning to name her "Tickety-Boo" but never got round to getting the stickers done. I think she was declared as "Tickety-Boo" in the entries at the Worlds in Medemblik 2007.
mattmd View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote mattmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 10 at 6:40pm
Thats interesting, I was thinking of calling it "AquaHolic" Just quite fitting i feel  Beer
Matt MD
Contender GBR-620

winging it View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote winging it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 10 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by mattmd

Thats interesting, I was thinking of calling it "AquaHolic" Just quite fitting i feel  Beer

heh, I called it all kinds of names.... Wink
the same, but different...

PeterG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote PeterG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 10 at 8:29pm
how's the first summer gone in the Contender? getting too achy for hiking and I'm seriously considering a Contender now

Great though Contenders are, and in many ways a lot nicer than hiking (I certainly enjoy going past the Lasers on a long upwind leg), I think the truth of it is that they just make you ache in different places - after a couple of great sails on Sunday, and not been sailing as much as I'd like recently, I woke up on Mon morning thinking I probably needed a hip and a knee replacement! The aches had mostly gone by midday, but Contenders certainly aren't ache free, at least for those of us of a certain age.
Peter
Ex Cont 707
Ex Laser 189635
DY 59
Bootscooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bootscooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 10 at 3:38pm
If anyone's after a proper cheap (but solid) Contender for the winter to see if it's for them, then do get in touch Wink.  (Trying to raise funds for a newer Topper for daughter)
mattmd View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote mattmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 10 at 10:48pm
I might be interested in some "proper cheap" parts if you have any, as you can never have too many spares i.e sails, rudders etc etc 
Matt MD
Contender GBR-620

Bootscooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bootscooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 10 at 11:06pm
No "spare parts" to speak of (comes with 3 sails), but you could have a whole boat, trolley, everything as spares for a mere 500! LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12