FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Setting up discard totals.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fleaberto View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote fleaberto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Setting up discard totals.
    Posted: 09 Aug 10 at 9:52pm

I'm a newbie to Sailwave so, doubtless, there is a very simple answer to my question.

How do i set up the number of discards for a series?

My club runs a system of "A third plus one" as series qualification (a third of races sailed, plus one) and i can't see how to set this up.

Have i missed something very obious?

Lee

Lightning368 'All the Gear' (409), Lightning368 'Sprite' (101), Laser (big number) 'Yellow Jack', RS Vareo (432)'The Golden Rays'
JimC View Drop Down
Really should get out more
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote JimC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 10 at 12:25am
Yeah, you create a formula in setup/scoring system/series scoring/discard profile. You have to figure out what result you want though.. Series qualification != discards. What you're saying sounds to me like best 4 races couldn't out of 9, best 8 out of 21, so 13 discards from 21 races. Is that correct? If so try ((s*2)/3)+1
If you want qualification as well then you need to hit setup/user interface and check the box that says qualification profile, and you'll get an extra and similar box in series scoring for the qualification profile.

Edited by JimC
fleaberto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fleaberto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 10 at 10:58am

Excellent! Cheers Jim, that looks pretty much how i'd like it. Being a formula it would automatically account for unraced events too (abandoned etc) i guess.

Right, i'll crack on with trying that out.

Thanks.

Lightning368 'All the Gear' (409), Lightning368 'Sprite' (101), Laser (big number) 'Yellow Jack', RS Vareo (432)'The Golden Rays'
 Post Reply Post Reply