FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cirrus Icon Development

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7879808182 152>
Author
blaze720 View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote blaze720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 11 at 6:36pm
Hi Tim

It might have suited - not much in the way of proper beats and several one sided downhill legs ;-)  But very difficult for any RO in those very variable conditions.  Next year then .... when the customary gale returns.

More immediately RU going to the 'Beastie' - We should be there with Icon even though it does look a little on the light side at this range - still it looks sunny.   There was a D1 there last year I recall.

Mike L.   
pondscum View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote pondscum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 11 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by fab100

Originally posted by Noah

But Clive - to continue the hijack - it also provided the 'Comedy moment' of the day!

2 comedy moments actually - I needed to make sure I won something at least.

And I was owed from a few years ago when my only collision avoidance option was to tack the 200 with the kite up

Blimey Clive you've got a long memory. I did say sorry at the time
Slippery Jim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slippery Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 11 at 9:23pm
Will come over and have a peek Mike, if Ive got time.  Good luck with the rollout!!!!
Pass the skiff, man!
Peaky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Peaky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 11 at 10:15pm
Hi,

Following a thoroughly fun Dinghy Show, it was apparent to me that perhaps the least understood part about the Icon is that the choice of control layout is some what freer than in many SMODs.  You can't go adding extra controls, but you can tinker with positions etc.  To that end, there has been ongoing refinement of the layout.  At the Beastie today (which I sadly couldn't make), the controls in 003 had been changed like this photo, which gives more space and makes adjustment easier.  

Roger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 11 at 11:46am

Not much wind to show it off at the Beastie...

Roger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 11 at 11:47am

Roger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 11 at 11:49am

jeffers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jeffers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 11 at 12:42pm
How did it fare results wise?
Paul
---------------------------
D-Zero GBR188
Ex Rooster 8.1 '11'
Ex Laser 167534
Ex Blaze 655
marke View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote marke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 11 at 1:03pm
Top 10 I think (they were a couple of boats behind me) - but not sure what PY they were sailing off.  It wasn't really a good test of performance - more of avoiding the holes (of which there were plenty!)
blaze720 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote blaze720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 11 at 1:05pm
...... we were 7th (I think 65 entrants).   The conditions were tough on all competitors and we made our share of mistakes and shared in both good and bad luck. 

We had been there on Saturday afternoon to try out some new arrangements / settings and were hoping for more wind for the Sunday.  However for a while on Saturday afternoon it was sufficient for us to plane Icon upwind with ease and enjoy the best wind of the weekend.  Still very pleased to do reasonably well in the light stuff in the 'Beastie' and confirm most of the setup is as good as 'final'  now .... but after the lightwind 'Frenzy' the previous week we had hoped to show Icon off in a bit of a proper breeze ;-)   ... maybe next time.

Mike L. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7879808182 152>