FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

12' Skiff lurking on TV

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MikeBz View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote MikeBz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 12' Skiff lurking on TV
    Posted: 28 Jan 10 at 11:05pm

"Bellamy's People" tonight, one bit shot in the dinghy park of a reservoir where what appeared to be a white 12 footer was lurking under a tarp.  Later on they were chucking stones into the water from the beach by Tynemouth Sailing Club.

Someone told me once that some of The Fast Show was filmed in the Turk's Head in Tynemouth.  True?

Mike

Phil eltringham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phil eltringham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 10 at 5:29pm
its an 18 footer, called old snapper, it is still running flappy wings, its on the beach at tynemouth (where they were chucking stones).  I'll see if i can find the footage of it sailing from a couple of years back
FLAT IS FAST!
Shifts Happen
Jamie600 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jamie600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 10 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by MikeBz

"Bellamy's People" tonight, one bit shot in the dinghy park of a reservoir where what appeared to be a white 12 footer was lurking under a tarp.  Later on they were chucking stones into the water from the beach by Tynemouth Sailing Club.

Someone told me once that some of The Fast Show was filmed in the Turk's Head in Tynemouth.  True?

Mike

Not sure about that but a sketch on the Fast Show was filmed on an ISO with what looked like Datchet superimposed in the background

Edited by Jamie600
RS600 1001
MikeBz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote MikeBz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 10 at 11:23pm

Originally posted by Phil eltringham

its an 18 footer, called old snapper, it is still running flappy wings, its on the beach at tynemouth (where they were chucking stones).  I'll see if i can find the footage of it sailing from a couple of years back

Crikey,  it was so deep that I thought it must be a 12.  Must be a very old 18!

Skiffybob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Skiffybob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 10 at 8:01am
There is a 12fter up there (The Aquaskipper), but I think it's tucked-up in a garage at the moment keeping warm.
12ft Skiff - Gordon Keeble and the Furry Fly-by
AC - GBR271 - Whoosh
B49 - Island Alchemy
 Post Reply Post Reply