FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The RS100 Owners Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 241242243244245 248>
Author
JimC View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JimC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The RS100 Owners Thread
    Posted: 22 Oct 14 at 10:45am
Ooh, haven't I touched a nerve there!!
Null View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Null Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 14 at 10:46am
I think its also worth noting that many regular posters on this forum actually own D-Zero's and as yet we have yet to really hear from an Aero owner.  I am confident we will, we all know Simon has one on order.  I expect him to be as excited as the rest of us when it arrives.  Especially if he is as happy with his purchase as i am with mine.  

I am not going into a full debate over marketing strategies again (although its obvious Jim wants another bin fight between the classes)  however James is right.  Rodney and Suntouched who were the instigators of the relationship with Devoti and Dan, who helped develop a commercial product out of one mans dream.  Cannot be accused of over hyping anything.  Rodney and his wife Sue are some of the most lovely people you will meet.  They work tirelessly in delivering excellent customer service and great products.  Rodney is also incredibly honest.  If he thinks he has cocked up or their is a fault with one of his boats he would tell you.  Flashy video's, questionable statements are not his 'bag' delivering a good product to normal people is.

Now as for RS, they work differently, that's their prerogative.  They have budget and resource to be able to offer something different.  Sure i poke at them, but you cant argue they deliver a good campaign.  My issue has always been with some of the claims made, i always felt they did themselves a disservice.  I just don't think they were needed.  As a consumer I am allowed to voice my thoughts on an open forum.  I also EXPECT to be challenged, forums are about debates, weird points of view and banter.  RS play the game and i guess they expect it, certainly from me.
Null View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Null Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 14 at 10:48am
Originally posted by JimC

Yes well done Jim, you have.  Good Work.  You da Man have a star  Star
kneewrecker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kneewrecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 14 at 10:53am
Originally posted by JimC

congratulations, I hear Akela will personally sew on your trolling badge.  LOL
iiitick View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote iiitick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 14 at 11:00am
The only D Zero I have seen was at Sailfest and it impressed me with its interesting details and novel approach, no rim. It also looked good sailing although I cannot bear testament to how fast it was. My friend has just taken delivery of a new all white Supernova which looks pretty cool as well.

I know one has shrouds and the other carbon etc. but I feel that is where comparisons lay rather than the clunky ole' Laser.

Post Options Post Options   Quote kneewrecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 14 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Null

RS play the game and i guess they expect it, certainly from me.

They do indeed- how many other brands could launch a dacron-sailed 13ft unarig and get some much bandwidth discussing it.... especially when MOST of us haven't even seen one owned by someone we know on the water?  It's a testament to how much their company ethos - current, former and future, resides within the consciousness of those reading and posting on this forum and on this occasion, I'd say within the wider dinghy sailing arena.

If a few people on a forum call out some of the 'wilder' claims, or the fact that RS have been smart enough to engage the services of one of the UK dinghy sailing scene's most respected participants, who also just happened to review their product for the only hardcopy magazine claiming to cover dinghy sailing, well honestly and genuinely, good luck to them.  It will sell boats, and that, after all, is their primary mission, not dissimilar to Suntouched or Devoti.

I just hope they have foresight to find a way to collaborate in the future outside of just their bubble.  The RS 'scene', certainly in single handers, is in decline- like a lot of class programmes.  I'm sure the SJ series could do with a headline sponsor of their calibre and frankly, evolve or die...  they are the number 1 brand in UK dinghy sailing now, it will take a lot of work to maintain that.

JimC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JimC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 14 at 11:05am
The ridiculous thing is it was a harmless little aside, not even critical of the boat or even its builder, and the reaction is as if I'd posted something suggesting an iWhatsit wasn't perfect on an www.rabidapplefanbois.com forum, ad hominem attacks, the lot. H.M. Bateman, rise from your grave, I think we need your input here...

Edited by JimC - 22 Oct 14 at 11:12am

Post Options Post Options   Quote kneewrecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 14 at 11:10am
Patrick Bateman rise from yours..... 

Edited by kneewrecker - 22 Oct 14 at 11:15am
Null View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Null Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 14 at 11:20am
A harmless little quip that you have used several times now Jim.
Blue One View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Blue One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 14 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by kneewrecker

Originally posted by Null

<span style="line-height: 1.4;">RS play the game and i guess they expect it, certainly from me.</span>

They do indeed- how many other brands could launch a dacron-sailed 13ft unarig and get some much bandwidth discussing it.... especially when MOST of us haven't even seen one owned by someone we know on the water?  It's a testament to how much their company ethos - current, former and future, resides within the consciousness of those reading and posting on this forum and on this occasion, I'd say within the wider dinghy sailing arena.
If a few people on a forum call out some of the 'wilder' claims, or the fact that RS have been smart enough to engage the services of one of the UK dinghy sailing scene's most respected participants, who also just happened to review their product for the only hardcopy magazine claiming to cover dinghy sailing, well honestly and genuinely, good luck to them.  It will sell boats, and that, after all, is their primary mission, not dissimilar to Suntouched or Devoti.
I just hope they have foresight to find a way to collaborate in the future outside of just their bubble.  The RS 'scene', certainly in single handers, is in decline- like a lot of class programmes.  I'm sure the SJ series could do with a headline sponsor of their calibre and frankly, evolve or die...  they are the number 1 brand in UK dinghy sailing now, it will take a lot of work to maintain that.

Now who's trolling and being disingenuous?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 241242243244245 248>