FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trying to identify my yacht!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AndyC View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote AndyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trying to identify my yacht!
    Posted: 13 Apr 05 at 10:45pm

Hi, I've just bought an old mahogany yacht for a complete rennovation (and boy does it need it!).  The yacht didn't have much information about it/on it, and the only information i've been able to trace is through the sail number at the RYA.  The boat was called Phoenix of Poole, and was purchased in Christchurch, UK.  The boat was last used on Poole harbour and receipts for fuel found in the cabin show dates around 2003!

Through the sail number, i've managed to trace the sails to a craft called 'Circle Game', and through google searches, have found out that this craft caught fire on 30th May 2003 in Poole harbour.  After a thorough investigation of the undersides of the decks etc, I believe this could have been the case although someone had already patched her up before me.  If anyone can help me identify the boat, there is a picture (before I started rennovation) on my website at www.webstinction.com/yacht.htm I would really like to find out more about the boat, and it's make/history etc.  Can anyone help?????

Thanks,

Andy

Stefan Lloyd View Drop Down
Really should get out more
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Stefan Lloyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 05 at 8:05am
Try uk.rec.sailing: more yottie-types there than here.
Keith View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 05 at 12:24pm

Looks like a wooden version of a boat called the Trident 24. Triple keel thing which looks very similar. We have a couple at our club.

Keith...

Keith...
Keith View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 05 at 12:28pm

found website with pictures;

http://www.yachtsnet.co.uk/archives/trident-24/trident-24.ht m

Looks similar eh?

Keith...
AndyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AndyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 05 at 1:32pm
Looks similar to the Trident, but it's only a single swing keel, and the cockpit and cabin layouts are different.  The construction is double diagonal mahogany as far as I can tell, so not quite the same, but definitely closer than i've managed to get so far!
maxim View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 05 at 2:12pm

Yeah, I thnk the Trident has very slightly less coah roof, and a bit more cockpit. It's just a bit more open.

Far as I'm aware they were all triple keel aswell - but it mught just be a very early separately made one...

AndyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AndyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 05 at 8:00pm

Have been surfing the net and it looks like it might be a Buchanan design.  Has anyone got any ideas where I might find the HIN plate?  It's got a hatch with stove to the port side, pilot bunk returning stbd under cockpit, and two berths each side of the main cabin.  Small dorrway through to foreacbin which only measures 4' in length, limited headroom but enough for a sea toilet.  The engine is Diesel, and very old, again trying to identify it with the manufacturer.  The keel is a swing type, with rope/pulley system from cockpit cleat to raise and lower.

Still desperately trying to identify her.

Andy

Post Reply Post Reply