FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Classified adverts - new system

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
MerlinMags View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote MerlinMags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Classified adverts - new system
    Posted: 08 Jan 10 at 3:21pm
I have been busy creating an all-new Classified Adverts system, and we'd like to know what you think of it!

We've added the power of Google Maps and Ebay Search to the list of boats and equipment for sale, so click CLASSIFIEDS from the menu along the top of the screen, and have a look.

If you could be kind enough to let me know of any problems below, that would be very helpful.
Mark Jardine View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mark Jardine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 10 at 3:38pm
One thing I think you'll all like about the new system - basic adverts are now FREE regardless of the item's price! 
G.R.F. View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote G.R.F. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 10 at 3:44pm
Good, looks good, is that the same sort of deal as the duck?

Time to reclaim the territory..

I should be flogging one of mine but I can't bring myself to do it.
skifftim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote skifftim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 10 at 4:30pm
Works for me, nice one.
RS300 429
B14 644
laser4000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote laser4000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 10 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by Mark Jardine

One thing I think you'll all like about the new system - basic adverts are now FREE regardless of the item's price! 

Good work Mark - got rid of those frigging annoying 07092 numbers too!!

Don't see why you don't offer an option for prospective buyers to get in touch via email? I'd prefer to email someone before travelling so they can send me some photos of the boat/kit, but I guess it's down to the individual seller.

Cheers

MerlinMags View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote MerlinMags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 10 at 5:05pm
We found in the past that showing seller emails would lead to automated spam being sent to them. You know the sort of thing; buyer claims to be overseas and will pay you for shipping via a money transfer....very dodgy!

Most legitimate people would be phoning anyway, so we felt happy to offer phone numbers only. However, you raise a good point about asking for more photos via email.
Oli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Oli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 10 at 5:19pm
i have to scroll down the page alot befor i see anything to do with the classifieds, running ie8 on vista
Flick-Flock View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote Flick-Flock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 10 at 6:10pm
Not really a bug with the system, but how do people feel about this:

This boat was given away free on the i14 website a while back:
http://www.international14.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1140

And now it seems the person who got it for free is now trying to make an easy profit on it (It was up on apolloduck for a bit as well). Which is a bit of a shame considering it was given away with the intention of beeing used again.
But, not really a lot that can be done about it.

Other than that, the only very minor negative comment is the "Search and general information" link might be more intuative if it was "Home". But thats only if you expect everyone to start from that page in the first place. You might have something else planned...

Otherwise, it looks good, and now i can waste more time looking at boats i could never afford and probably couldnt sail (600FF beeing the current culprit)

Swimming after Laser 5000 5069
ASok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ASok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 10 at 7:45pm
I like it. I especially like being able to hover over the title of each item to get
a summary - saves opening each individual page.
Rockhopper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rockhopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 10 at 9:43am
I do like the new bit it even tells you how far you are away from what you are looking which is quite handy so keep up the great work you are doing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>