FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This forum is what you make of it

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
marwen View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote marwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This forum is what you make of it
    Posted: 06 Jun 20 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by Mark Jardine

Dear all

Forums have good times and bad. A couple months ago, this forum was going through a good time - constructive comment with really good interaction and advice. Right now it is going through a bad time with some forum threads that generally leave a bad taste in your mouth.

Like all the Y&Y team, the reason I work silly hours on this site is because I love sailing. My aim is to provide a place where you can all chat. At times I've been too heavy handed and apologised for that. At times I feel I've been too light handed, but when I get accused of joining China in banning free speech I guess you can see why I might try to leave the forum to find its own level.

Let's hope we can get things back on track. As this thread is titled, this forum is what you make of it - please let's all use it for this purpose and engage in lively debate. Don't get personal, and try to show the good side of our sport and of our own characters.

All the best

Mark

Hi Mark, Amazing explanation, Respect your opinion.
aitchy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote aitchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 20 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by Mark Jardine

Dear all

Forums have good times and bad. A couple months ago, this forum was going through a good time - constructive comment with really good interaction and advice. Right now it is going through a bad time with some forum threads that generally leave a bad taste in your mouth.

Like all the Y&Y team, the reason I work silly hours on this site is because I love sailing. My aim is to provide a place where you can all chat. At times I've been too heavy handed and apologised for that. At times I feel I've been too light handed, but when I get accused of joining China in banning free speech I guess you can see why I might try to leave the forum to find its own level.

Let's hope we can get things back on track. As this thread is titled, this forum is what you make of it - please let's all use it for this purpose and engage in lively debate. Don't get personal, and try to show the good side of our sport and of our own characters.

All the best

Mark

I am now new to the forum and hope to get a lot of useful information. Don't know what happened 10 years ago here in the forum, but I hope it's not anymore like it sounds in the first message of Mark. Anyways...nice words and I am happy to be here :)
Sam.Spoons View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 20 at 1:32pm
I think you'll find the forum, as it currently is, is a pretty civilised place, that's my experience anyway. Welcome...
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
Blaze 671 "supersonic soap dish"
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 20 at 3:42pm

Edited by iGRF - 28 Sep 20 at 3:44pm
zeon View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote zeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 20 at 7:27pm

Edited by zeon - 01 Oct 20 at 12:22pm
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 20 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by zeon

GRF , hope you happy the way it is now ,as you have done more than most to make it this way  Stern Smile

Ha, nothing would make me happier than if that were true.. but sadly I think not, I think that young Zuckerburg chap might have had more to do with it than me, that and morons like your goodself with nothing other than ascerbic drivel to add to the place.
zeon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote zeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 20 at 9:23pm
Your post proves my point. You abused anyone that had proper knowledge and/or have views that were different than yours , because you think your clever and funny  . Yes things have changed and a lot of social online traffic has moved to fb etc but the thing is you managed to do the the same thing to TT sailing  facebook page. I am a member of a couple cycling forums that are still thriving because self absorbed self centred know all’s like yourself have been thrown out . You are like a current Tory minister, you are incapable of admitting responsibility for anything, everything is always someone else’s fault . Man up and own it and stop blaming everyone else .  Smile Take a few kindly words of advice ,  your social media persona needs a little work . LOL

Edited by zeon - 28 Sep 20 at 9:34pm
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 20 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by zeon

Your post proves my point. You abused anyone that had proper knowledge and/or have views that were different than yours , because you think your clever and funny  . Yes things have changed and a lot of social online traffic has moved to fb etc but the thing is you managed to do the the same thing to TT sailing  facebook page. I am a member of a couple cycling forums that are still thriving because self absorbed self centred know all’s like yourself have been thrown out . You are like a current Tory minister, you are incapable of admitting responsibility for anything, everything is always someone else’s fault . Man up and own it and stop blaming everyone else .  Smile Take a few kindly words of advice ,  your social media persona needs a little work . LOL

Take a few kindly words of advice from an anonymous halfwit? Why certainly.. I take full responsibility for the demise of this forum. Oh and TT's facebook page as well. There feel better now?

Now why don't you tell me your actual name, where you sail, what you sail, so I can come and apologise to you in person.?
Sam.Spoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 20 at 10:50am
Originally posted by Sam.Spoons

I think you'll find the forum, as it currently is, is a pretty civilised place, that's my experience anyway. Welcome...

Well, there is the odd exception...
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
Blaze 671 "supersonic soap dish"
zeon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote zeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 20 at 11:31am

Edited by zeon - 01 Oct 20 at 12:23pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>