FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

topper fading

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
desteve1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote desteve1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: topper fading
    Posted: 15 Nov 09 at 5:15pm
My brother is possibly buying an old topper that has faded decks, i have read on the internet that the colour can be restored with a hot air-gun or similar. Is this possible or will it ruin the deck?
here's the link
http://www.sailing-solutions.co.uk/LinkClick.aspx?link=Docum ents%2FDECK+COLOUR+and+REPAIRS.pdf&tabid=84&mid=421

Edited by desteve1
laser 81188 (looking for a name)
winging it View Drop Down
Really should get out more
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote winging it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 09 at 5:32pm
Well, the article is written by Dave Cockerill who really does know his stuff when it comes to toppers, so it ought to work.  But knowing how hot a hot air gun can get (I burn myself with mine pretty often) I would say be very careful.  Our bosun welds the club boats to repair them pretty often, so I would talk to him.  If you aren't sure who he is ask me next weekend.

Jeffers has offered to give you any laser tips you might need if you're down next Sunday.

Edited by winging it
the same, but different...

Sam649 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam649 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 09 at 6:19pm
if your careful it works extremely well. Ive use this on one of my old toppers and it looked like the new ones when id finished. Obviously just be careful.
RS 400 1202
 Post Reply Post Reply