FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

29X or just a SMOD cherub?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
5420 View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote 5420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 05 at 1:21pm
the cherab is a nice boat but the 29er is a better one and you are more liky to get fleet racing in it and hat will atract more people
Granite View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote Granite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 05 at 1:32pm

The 29erX will probably be a nice enough boat to sail and will probably be quite popular. I would worry about the longevity of the hulls if they do what has been suggested and put the bigger rig on the existing 29er hulls.

There is a good chance that it will be quicker than a cherub for the same reason that the 49 is quicker that the 14 it is a lot longer.

Any development boat is going to need tweeking every so often and the RMW boat will be no different. Obviously my new boat from dlboats will never require any repairs or modifications :-)

If it doesn't break it's too heavy; if it does it wasn't built right
Keith View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 05 at 2:09pm
Aye but a normal 29er is quicker than a cherub anyway???
Keith...
andy_cherub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote andy_cherub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 05 at 2:36pm
Not down wind its not! & on 97 rules, in twin wire conditions I could pace an RS800 upwind, and blitz it down! Now with new rules - I bet that a cherub could blitz a 49er off the wind! & be honest - is this not the most enjoyable tack to sail?
-12ft skiff, Team 'CST Composites'
-Many thanks goes out to all of my sponsors.
Ignore my user name, my views are of a 12ft skiff
carshalton fc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote carshalton fc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 05 at 3:07pm
i dont think that you could blitz a 49er down wind!!  the 49er has loads more sail area than a cherub!!
International 14 1503
tgruitt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tgruitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 05 at 3:12pm
seriosly, they can blitz RS800's, they now have bigger rigs and bigger spinnys! 49ers beware!
Needs to sail more...
Keith View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 05 at 3:15pm

Aye but I'm talking about racing around a course. Unfortunately downwind is only 1 bit of the story.

Saw Cherubs getting gubbed round the course by 29ers in light and strong winds so lets not kid ourselves eh!

As for 800's there is no way a Cherub will be near an 800 round the course. It will be murdered upwind!

Keith...

Keith...
tgruitt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tgruitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 05 at 3:24pm
i think the cherubs were probably being sailed rubbish, cherubs rule and are full of cheruby goodness!
Needs to sail more...
Keith View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 05 at 3:27pm

well one of the guys up here came 2nd or 3rd in the nationals last year!

Keith...
tgruitt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tgruitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 05 at 3:33pm

they're must have been someting wrong

Needs to sail more...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>