FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

laser 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
JimC View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JimC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 05 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by bISOtted

the laser 2 and the 3000 hulls are not even close to the same

Check the L3000 website.

The 3000 was launched in 1996 and is essentially an evolution of the popular Laser II, brought up-to-date with an asymmetric spinnaker, modern sail plan, improved cockpit, and single piece tapered mast. The hull form was developed by Australian designer Frank Bethwaite...

It really is suprisingly difficult to evaluate different hull shapes without having the boats side by side and some practise.
Granite View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote Granite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 05 at 1:14pm

I am pretty sure that the 3000 is based a Laser II hull with a new deck mold.

Before they brought out the 3000 there was a Laser II with a bolted on spiniker pole, the fun mast with the normal spreaders rather than the dimends of the regatta and trapizes.

If it doesn't break it's too heavy; if it does it wasn't built right
49erGBR735HSC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 49erGBR735HSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 05 at 8:15pm
I've got a 3000 sitting out in my back Garden just now and being an earlier model, she has a Laser 2 ID plate with a 3000 sail number. Don't worry the boats not dodgy, but it sounds and looks like Laser are using the same moulds. Could annoy them by phoning and asking, and not buying anything
Dennis Watson 49er GBR735
Helensburgh S.C
Boat Insurance from Noble Marine

NickA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote NickA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 05 at 9:16pm

Originally posted by JimC

the L2 is basically a smoothed and lengthened version of the Hush Puppy Cherub design that Nicola and Julian won the '76 Cherub worlds with, 

Well I'm chuffed then.  Always wanted a cherub and now I find I've got one ... sort of. 

But it does look more like a fat laser 1.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12