FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topper sail

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Wave Rider View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Wave Rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Topper sail
    Posted: 10 Mar 05 at 9:15am

The topper class association are allowing another block to be added to the downhaul (cunningham) to make the purchase 6:1 I can see that it would depower the bigger sail a lot but if you pull it on too hard on the smaller sail with the sleeve at the top i think this might break the top of the sail and the mast shoot right up through the sewn sleeve at the top?????

Expensive mistake

-[Franko]-
Chew Valley Lake Sailing Club
           RS600 933
KnightMare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote KnightMare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 05 at 3:25pm
yeah just make sure you have a reinforced top of the sail.
Harry44981! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Harry44981! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 05 at 7:58pm
I think your right waverider, but the little squirts (i mean vertically chalanged ) who will use the 4.2 won't be ablw to pull it on that much, even with the 6:1 purchase.
KnightMare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote KnightMare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 05 at 8:18pm
Lol amusing.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Wave Rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 05 at 9:49am
Yeah true !
           -[Franko]-
           RS600 933
sailor.jon View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote sailor.jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 05 at 9:51am

using the 6:1 down haul could in theory rip the tack of your sail, (the old sails)

but i think the new topper sail, has reenforced materials there to prevent this from happening

Black no sugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Black no sugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 05 at 10:00am

I've ordered a new sail from Sailing Solutions and it should be delivered in April sometime. Well in time for me to try it out when the weather gets a little warmer (I'm a wimp )

I don't think I'll get a new downhaul just yet, although mine is rather basic. However, a new kicker could make a difference, I think.

Can't wait, now!  I'll let you know how many times I've capsized in the first half-hour...

Harry44981! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Harry44981! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 05 at 5:19pm

I'll get a new sail for the nats. but i'll prob. stick with my current race one untill after the inlands and first 3 nationwides. Btw are you going to Rutland nationwide in a couple of weeks waverider?

Post Options Post Options   Quote Wave Rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 05 at 10:23pm
Yeah i'll definately be there........i've just payed my TICA membership ............waiting for my championship numbers to come, no luck yet tho, do they come with instructions on where exactly to put them cos i had them on my old sail and arent sure where they go really !
           -[Franko]-
           RS600 933

Post Options Post Options   Quote Wave Rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 05 at 10:24pm

Harry i havent looked yet but for the nat's in Larg's is it going to be hard to find accomodation cos i am persueding my parents that they want to drive me up ther !

-[Franko]-
           RS600 933
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>