FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Security

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
B4lamb View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote B4lamb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Security
    Posted: 19 Mar 17 at 12:21am
I had this concern re security of my laser so I made a T bar plate from stainless that goes though the centre board casing and just comes out the bottom on the hull. I then have a chain and padlock to a secure ground fixing that connects to the bottom of the T bar. The ground fixing is basically a large concrete block in the ground with a steel ring that I can pass the hefty chain through. It also secures the launching trolley and road trailer if it's on the combo. It works a treat and also stops the boat being blown over in a storm.
You are never to old to learn something new
Jon Langford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jon Langford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 05 at 9:34am

You are right to be concerned about theft from your boat, it is something that we as insurers, see all too frequently.

Have a look at the article I wrote for the Y&Y website earlier this year http://www.yachtsandyachting.com/news/?article=16152 

Also keep an eye on http://www.stolenboats.org.uk.  Making life difficult for the theives, by working together in this way, has got to be a good thing!

carshalton fc View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote carshalton fc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 05 at 8:13pm
yer at our club we have a big gate but it doesnt stop other people in the club borowing your bung!!!
International 14 1503
stuarthop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote stuarthop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 05 at 5:24pm

at our club security is not an issue as we have a locked barrier at the end of the lane and a locked compound which stretches all the way round the lake.

When wwe do opens we put a hitchlock on our trailer to stop it being stolen, Never leave your sails, foils, compasses ect. in your boat because even if they are covered by your insurance you'll still have to pay the excess

sailor.jon View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote sailor.jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 05 at 7:31pm
the bung is one of the items that frequently gets 'borrowed' from lasers at our club, i always remember to take mine out when not sailing 
Harry44981! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Harry44981! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 05 at 7:29pm
I know loads of people whove left there bung out, (ie me ). At least it's a good excuse for poor speed!
carshalton fc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote carshalton fc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 05 at 9:47pm
same here most of our dinghy park has trees round it.  .  i heard of somone that had there bung taken and only realised that it was missing when the boat started handleing like a tanker and had water coming over the side of the boat!!  very funny to whatch but he was s###in himself
International 14 1503
KnightMare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote KnightMare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 05 at 6:09pm
yeah def a good idea, luckily we have quite a sheltered dinghy park.
Black no sugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Black no sugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 05 at 12:04am
Chaining the boats isn't just a security measure against theft. Last June, the main chain running in the compound had snapped and we had 3 or 4 boats taking off in a force 9 gale! It's always a good ida to park your boat facing the prevailing winds, it avoids nasty suprises after a storm...  
KnightMare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote KnightMare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 05 at 7:11pm
lol yeah sounds exactly like ours. but it is one very long lane so people dont tend to get down there much.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>