FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

29er or musto

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Wave Rider View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Wave Rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 05 at 8:21pm

Me and my mate are saving for a 29er but currently sail a Fireball when its under F4 and Topper's over that.......Do you think that we would cope in a 29er after coming from a Fireball

By the way im not trying to change the topic just a question soz...

-[Franko]-
Chew Valley Lake Sailing Club
           RS600 933
ssailor View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote ssailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 05 at 8:28pm
Yeh I think you could probably cope pretty well in a 29er - though you would definetly want to sail it in over a F4 as thats when the fun begins!!
Any one in need of quality carbon fibre work (tillers etc) at decent prices!

Int 14 Gbr 1244 'Nucking Futs'

The New Port rule!!.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Wave Rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 05 at 8:33pm
Yeah i no it looks amazing but in the fireball i find on a screaming reach with the spinni up force 4 no probs no capsise but in a F5+ we cpasise a few times and end up either loosing the race or last time becoming so exhausted from falling in cold water repeatedly that we couldnt right the boat and had to call for assistance from the Rescue Boat ....a bit unpleasant
           -[Franko]-
           RS600 933
flat is fast View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote flat is fast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 05 at 10:43am
which ever boat he ends up choosing i would strongly suggest he goes double handed as its more fun and on distance races he would have some one to talk to. plus when you achive something you have some one to share it with. 
no fear
pro wannabe View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote pro wannabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 05 at 9:08pm
wave rider youll cope wiv a 29er fine! there not as hard as there made out to be, and after a fire ball you should have some good skills! but BIG tip if your used to haveing the main sheet from the floor putit there! in alot of skiffs the sheet goes from the end of the boom to the horse, back to the end of the boom, to the middle of the boom, then to the floor then back to the middle of the boom! when i first bought mine, i had it top sheeted and found it easy enough, but then when people at the club started sailing it they where all complaining that it was too hard!
Your spinni aint as big as your mouth!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Wave Rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 05 at 9:21pm
Oh right ok thanks
           -[Franko]-
           RS600 933
5420 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 5420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 05 at 7:57am

you have piked two hard boats you need to mack showe that you are good enufe to sail them and the only way to do that is by having a go

flat is fast View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote flat is fast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 05 at 8:17am
he is right you know you cant just jump in to a formula one car
no fear
5420 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 5420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 05 at 10:35am

If you have a go in the musto and it is to hard try a votex but to be onest if you sailed a strutos don't you think that theas kind of boats are to hard why don't you try somthing like a laser 1 or if you want a 2 man boat you can try somthing  laser 3000 you sould learn this kind of sailing be for you get one of the fast ones because all you will do is capzis and you will put your self off sailing

Pierre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pierre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 05 at 10:58am
Hi 5420.  Just a quick question.  Do you ever feel faint or suddenly blackout when you are talking?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>