FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alinghi doesn’t show

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
thenewpete View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote thenewpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alinghi doesn’t show
    Posted: 07 Feb 09 at 12:40pm

I cannot believe Ernesto Bertarelli and his team this time.

Not turning up to race against ETNZ is so unbelievably childish. The guy has a serious chip on his shoulder. Apprently over a rule to discourage boats making contact which is perfectly understandable considering the lack of boats and resources at the LVPS.

The guy is singlehandedly ruining the AC, in my opinion. Regardless what anyone says about Oracle BMW. He is fixing it so Alinghi continue to win and has been all along (remember him bringing out a rule stating that an employee of one team cannot work for another team, and then getting rid of Russel Coutts the next week), he alters the rules to give himself the advantages and now when racing in a regatta he doesnt control, he throws a toddlers tantrum and boycots a race because he doesnt agree with the rules.

Everyone got given the same rules, everyone knew them before they hit the water, he is just a first class t**ser.

Laser 173312 View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote Laser 173312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 09 at 8:51am

Agreed, but he's got the AC sown up so that if anyone tried not turning up to race Alinghi they would probably get thrown out of the competition.

JimiQuik View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote JimiQuik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 09 at 11:18am
I think they had already qualified so its a bit like not doing the last race of a regatta because you have already won. But in this case they could have lost a point because of the boats making contact rule and if this happened and they didn't win then they would risk their automatic seeding place in the semi final.

But this is also supposed to be the "friendly" regatta and the worlds sailing fans don't want to see this, so I can see both sides of the argument.
 Post Reply Post Reply