FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Should I move on?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
ianwat2212 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ianwat2212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 05 at 5:40pm

We wernt expecting much more than mid fleet but 2nd to last was a little embaressing, still, its better to be able to have fun when it blows than to have to stay ashore. and light winds are always fairly dull, however quick you are.

Fireball RSA 14723
Simonis 35 "Scarlet Sun" SA 1500
Royal Cape Yacht Club
Spot192 View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Spot192 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 05 at 5:40pm
thatīs a good key word! how are the winds in your areas?
ianwat2212 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote ianwat2212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 05 at 5:43pm
I sail at lee on solent, the wind varies but if theres any sun we usually get a fairly steady sea breeze from the south, depending on the gradient wind of course.
Fireball RSA 14723
Simonis 35 "Scarlet Sun" SA 1500
Royal Cape Yacht Club
KnightMare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote KnightMare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 05 at 5:47pm

so being hevier sounds better than lighter weight.

also if you can learn to keep you boat going in light winds then that will improve you sailing ability in all areas. And then when you finaly have to move you will be better placed to start high up rankings.

Spot192 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Spot192 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 05 at 5:53pm
sounds really like your weight is good for  these conditions. sailed a 29 myself and itīs better to be in it a bit longer to be in it too short. you can learn much from him!
49erGBR735HSC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 49erGBR735HSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 05 at 2:36pm

If you've got a 29er just now, why not upgrade her to the 29erX which would be a bit cheaper than an RS800 and you always have the option of the smaller rig to have fun when it's really windy. Alternatively, look into getting a sports scholarship from your uni and pick up an okay 49er but it probably depends on which uni you plan to go to and what course you want to do.......

Have a look at the Bethwhaite and Ovington websites if your interested in the 29erX, looks like the next big thing

Edited by 49erGBR735HSC
Dennis Watson 49er GBR735
Helensburgh S.C
Boat Insurance from Noble Marine

stuarthop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote stuarthop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 05 at 4:36pm
havent seen the 29er x any links/photos/info?

carshalton fc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote carshalton fc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 05 at 5:20pm

that is the boat but look on www.bethwaite.com for more info!!

International 14 1503
GBR176671 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote GBR176671 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 05 at 10:03pm
looks cool

( I want one)
swim when your winning
5420 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 5420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 05 at 10:35pm

ben did i hear that right you want a boat that is not a laser or finn you have spent all day telling me that all you want to sail is finn laser 420 and 505

you are going the enter my club and get a 29er and when it comes out a 29erx you have grown up at last

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>