FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

growing into a boat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Garry View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Garry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 05 at 8:27pm
You haven't said anything about your joint sailing ability, how much learning you're prepared to do, what sails at your club or budget.

I would suggest you also look at the 405 (now defunctI would guess but you might get a second hand one cheap) and might not meet your requirements or a Cherub...
Garry

Lark 2252, Contender 298

www.cuckoos.eclipse.co.uk
hydrographer20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hydrographer20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 05 at 8:46pm
yes you dont want to buy a boat that you dont know how to properly sail!! i made that mistake once and ended up sinking it- lol
byte me!- GBR 814
carshalton fc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote carshalton fc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 05 at 4:18pm
well me and my brother work quite well togther,  he has his rya junior leval 3 and i am a instructor.  i was thinking about spending 5000 pounds on a boat!  the cherub sounds good but i would strugle with some of the work that you have to do on a cherub to make it competative. 
International 14 1503
ftms View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ftms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 05 at 10:32pm
You sound like you are at the same stage as my brother and I, a few years back. We grew out of the Mirror, so got the RS200. We were slightly lighter that you at 15 stone, so struggled for a couple of seasons. As it is a boat to grow into, don't dishearten. Stick with it or get your brother he eat loads of pies.
KnightMare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote KnightMare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 05 at 11:32pm
Hey now that a boat I can endorse. Amasing boat, not too much not too little. Even I can handle its kite, just dont keep the jib on too much.

Post Options Post Options   Quote carshalton fc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 05 at 9:56pm
looking at the cherub stand i think i might get one of them!
International 14 1503

Post Options Post Options   Quote KnightMare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 05 at 10:46pm
Lol waht skiff for ur next boat interesting....

Post Options Post Options   Quote carshalton fc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 05 at 11:36am
knightmare what did you mean?
International 14 1503

Post Options Post Options   Quote KnightMare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 05 at 3:39pm
lol was trying to find the definition of a skiff at show and the guy said that the cherubs have now become skiffs. also they didnt actualy know what the definition of a skiff was.

Post Options Post Options   Quote carshalton fc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 05 at 12:40pm
well i dont actually know what a skiff is does anyone know the deffinition?  cos i know the 29 er 49 er and rs 800 are all skiffs but dont actually know what it means realy!
International 14 1503
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>