FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Raising Money

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
yetty View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote yetty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Raising Money
    Posted: 20 Nov 08 at 5:13pm

Hi Guys,

Me and three mates have manage to aquire an old hurrican 4.9 in need of repaire, we have found some where to store it for the next 4 months but after then we want to move it to the coast but it's going to cost us £300 for insurance, storage and membership and we can't affoard it. We thought if we did something crazy enough in ou toppers we could get sponsered and raise it that way any ideas?

Guest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 08 at 5:22pm
How about washing you dad's car?
yetty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote yetty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 08 at 5:27pm

Yeah, but we would have to do like 300 times.

Ross View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 08 at 5:32pm

Or here's a shocker, get a job?

300 between 4 of you? 75 quid each is all you have to raise in 4 months, thats 16 weeks. Thats about 4.70 a week, and thats a little under 70p a day. Are you sure you can't afford it?

Ross
If you can't carry it, don't sail it!
yetty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote yetty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 08 at 5:39pm
I supose? But doing something like sailing round the isle of wight 2 times in a topper no stop would be more fun.
Villan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Villan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 08 at 5:42pm
Its been done before.

And you know how big the isle of white is ... right? It takes the Yachts the best part of a day to go around it ONCE!
Vareo - 149 "Secrets"
TandyUK Servers
foaminatthedeck View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote foaminatthedeck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 08 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by yetty

I supose? But doing something like sailing round the isle of wight 2 times in a topper no stop would be more fun.

I only sail round once when i was lad but no one payed me
I recon that you could cut out mars bars or some other daily treat to raise the money.
I not realy a fan of this sponser me to let me do something fad that seem to have become acceptable recently. If you raise money for charity/good cause fair enough but so you can sail your high performance cat seems a little wrong!

Edited by foaminatthedeck
Lark 2170
Contender443 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Contender443 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 08 at 5:53pm
Sell one of your Toppers then...
Bonnie Lass Contender 1764
radixon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote radixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 08 at 6:22pm
Do what the rest of us did, ask for £2 to spend at lunch time at school then either starve yourself till you get home/scrounge of a mate that odd packet of crisps/spend as little as possible then after a few weeks you'll get that money you need.

Or as has been said, wash a car for £2 van £3 orbus £4!!!

God those were the days.

Or sell the bloddy hurricane and buy something more worthwhile like a 49er!
yetty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote yetty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 08 at 6:25pm
I like the car wash idea, supose that could work.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>