FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

insurance

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Phil eltringham View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Phil eltringham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: insurance
    Posted: 09 Mar 05 at 10:01pm
The rate definately goes up after a claim.
FLAT IS FAST!
Shifts Happen
Contender443 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Contender443 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 05 at 10:09pm

I am insured through Craftinsure - I had one claim for a new mast in 2003. My premium has gone up since then. So I think all insurance companies increase their rates after a claim.

Also beware if you make too many claims you may be refused insurance.

Bonnie Lass Contender 1764
flat is fast View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote flat is fast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 05 at 10:56pm

Originally posted by jamesint505

I have snapped two masts since christmas one on my 505 on new years day at leigh and lowton and one on my contender .Ive now got a new on for the 50'  but it took a while (only got it last thursday) but think it was the suppliers rather than the insurance.The contender is going to be about another month or so  but again think its due to the rarity of aluminium proctor masts .I'm with Noble by the way and although theyv'e been good hope I don't have to go through the rigmarole cos ive hardly been sailing since last year.BTW do you think my premium will go up next year by any chance as when i payed they seemed to have fixed rates for different boats,

i was at leigh that day. it was a hell of a squall came through. i was in the red scorp with the welsh dragon spinni dont know if you would reconise it?

no fear
sailor.jon View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote sailor.jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 05 at 9:02pm

cheers 4 all ur feed back, ive just insured with nobel marine for my new boat

jamesint505 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote jamesint505 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 05 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by flat is fast

Originally posted by jamesint505

I have snapped two masts since christmas one on my 505 on new years day at leigh and lowton and one on my contender .Ive now got a new on for the 50'  but it took a while (only got it last thursday) but think it was the suppliers rather than the insurance.The contender is going to be about another month or so  but again think its due to the rarity of aluminium proctor masts .I'm with Noble by the way and although theyv'e been good hope I don't have to go through the rigmarole cos ive hardly been sailing since last year.BTW do you think my premium will go up next year by any chance as when i payed they seemed to have fixed rates for different boats,

i was at leigh that day. it was a hell of a squall came through. i was in the red scorp with the welsh dragon spinni dont know if you would reconise it?

Yeah was bleedin awfull pulled a dodgy gybe at the bottom mark(not going fast enough) went over and that was it stuck in the mud!Had two of us on the board (about 30 stone!) and the wind was so strong just couldn't get it to budge .Poor boat spent the night in the lake got some pictures somewhere !
505 7567
flat is fast View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote flat is fast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 05 at 5:50pm

send em in we need to see lol

no fear
Noble Marine View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote Noble Marine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 05 at 8:21pm

Mark has built a new forum for Insurance-type-topics.  Why not dig the photos out and post them?

49erGBR735HSC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 49erGBR735HSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 05 at 3:11pm
I've complained about the price of my insurance in the past, but in retrospective it's probably fair. I wouldn't change from Noble just because I'm really happy with the service they provide, always are able to sort things out really quickly and all the other companies seem in a league below them.
Dennis Watson 49er GBR735
Helensburgh S.C
Boat Insurance from Noble Marine

Strawberry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Strawberry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 05 at 1:00pm
Noble do not let you pay monthly. That's why I went with craftinsure.
Cherub 2649 "Dangerous Strawberry
Noble Marine View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote Noble Marine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 05 at 3:57pm

This is a good example of why you should always check the policy wording carefully as not all policies offer the same level of cover.

Have a look at Noble Marine's Guide to Insuring your Dinghy which should explain some common insurance terms and highlight some of the differences between insurance policies. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>