FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RRS 2009-2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
ChickenTack View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ChickenTack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RRS 2009-2012
    Posted: 11 Sep 08 at 12:55pm
Hi

Apart from the two length zone changing to a three length zone

Does anyone know if there are going to be any other changes to the rules next year?
Regards,

Will

Crews union: beause its hard to be humble when you know you're so great!
kevg View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote kevg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 08 at 4:21pm
ChickenTack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ChickenTack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 08 at 12:56am

Muchly thanks!

Regards,

Will

Crews union: beause its hard to be humble when you know you're so great!
Adam MR 1137 View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote Adam MR 1137 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 08 at 9:56am

Has a final set of the rules been published yet?

Or even better a rules in practice book for 2009-2012 been published yet?

Merlin rocket 1137
OK 2049
Can be seen at WYC
Lukepiewalker View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lukepiewalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 08 at 1:18pm
I think the Willis book is due out soon.
Ex-Finn GBR533 "Pie Hard"
Ex-National 12 3253 "Seawitch"
Ex-National 12 2961 "Curved Air"
Ex-Mirror 59096 "Voodoo Chile"
jeffers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jeffers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 08 at 2:12pm
There are books out there our honorary sailing sec got a copy at the boat show. Roll on the next sailing ctte meeting to discuss them!

Paul
----------------------
D-Zero GBR 74
Spyderman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Spyderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 08 at 3:01pm
The ISAF has published the new rules on their web site:
Racing Rules of Sailing 2009-2012
Are you interested in the Racing Rules of Sailing? Go to: http://rrsstudy.blogspot.com
Jon Emmett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jon Emmett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 08 at 8:48pm
Yep yep the new Willis book is now out. Funny usually the most common talk I do over the winter is tactics and strategy but this winter looks like it is going to be the "new" rules. Funny at a recent event a friend of mine was protested and the protest committee asked if the protester displayed his flag and whether he had mast abeam!
gordon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gordon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 08 at 10:49am

Doesn't surprise me. The protest committee is usually not organised before an event, in the hope that it will be a "good event" with no protests!

Mind you judges often have only themselves to blame - too many are of the "I be around, phone me if there is a protest".

I believe judges should be more hands on. If I am asked to attend an event I usually ask to review the SIs, with a view to avoiding potential requests for redress. I try to be allocated a RIB so that at least I can see the conditions. I prefer, when at dinghy events, to judge rule 42 ont he water. I believe that the judge should attend the initial briefing and be available for competitors to answer rules queries.

When good relations can be established with the Race Officer the judge can have a real role in helping run the eent. A Race Officer works "forwards" - from setting the course to getting the competitors back home safely. However, the judge thinks backwards - from the potential protest or request for redress back to how to prevent the situationin the first place.

Gordon DAVIES (ISA NJ)

Gordon
laser4000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote laser4000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 08 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by Spyderman

The ISAF has published the new rules on their web site:
Racing Rules of Sailing 2009-2012

Got as far as fundemental rule 5 - anti-doping..could be amusing at some of the student events...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>