FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Drysuits

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Black no sugar View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Black no sugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drysuits
    Posted: 22 Feb 05 at 12:40pm
Ask Contender443, he'll tell you
hydrographer20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hydrographer20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 05 at 2:55pm
i think wet suits are much better they proivdie ample warmth and are much more flexible.  personally i am interedted in why any one would want a dry suit when thee are superb wet suits about
byte me!- GBR 814
Contender443 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Contender443 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 05 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by abim

Does anyone have any experience of wearing a Magic Marine Thermo Drysuit with a trapeze harness? I was just wondering if its any different to any other front zip drysuits.

I have one of those - it is OK with a harness as it is very flexible. I wear my harness over everything including my buoyancy aid - that is my quick release system.

Back to the Magic Marine suit - I bought it with the "dry socks" and gloves. I always get wet feet but they do warm up. However I only sail from end of March to the end of November so have not tried it in the depths of winter.

I would not buy any suit or harness on mail order as I always try them on first with all the kit (harness and buyancy aid) to see how comfortable they are . I suggest you do that before you buy. Any good chandlers will lend you the full kit if you are looking at buying one major item.

Bonnie Lass Contender 1764
Bennett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 05 at 4:00pm

Originally posted by Harry44981!

When your out all day for a winter regatta and your keeping hydrated, front zips are best for quick relief

Hence the advantage of wearing a wetsuit during winter...

But seriously I crew a 29er and weve been out pretty much every weekend this winter training and I havn't been cold in my steamer and aquafleece and occansionally beany hat. You have a lot more movement in a wetsuit compared to a drysuit and less chance of catching on stuff  and even if you do a small tear in a wetsuit is a lot better than one in a drysuit.

Wave Rider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Wave Rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 05 at 5:12pm

Yeah I sail all winter and i wear a steamer with a spray top and hat and im never cold and Topper's and Fireball's aren't that demanding as some of the boats around which might keep you even warmer !

-[Franko]-
Chew Valley Lake Sailing Club
           RS600 933
stuarthop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote stuarthop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 05 at 6:32pm
I found i was fine in a wetsuit in my laser but its a lot colder helming the scorpion because it takes less energy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123