FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

appeal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
bert View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote bert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: appeal
    Posted: 01 Aug 08 at 9:27pm

question:- Are we sailors OR legal eagle`s

As a sailor I think  Ithey are impressive boats that have NO real interest to ME but provide a talking point with non sailors this allows an interest in sailing to be brought forward however the tailing point at the moment is not usefull! OR is it?

However when I can`t win on the water ( which is everytime i sail ) I don`t try to change the rules because we all accept the same rules when we started the race,

I should change the way I sail & improve my sailing Not change the rules of the game.

So use the law courts to bend the rules to make winning easier, Not a good image for the sport & I am NOT interested in doing that!

Also to spend the large amounts of money on legal challenges when the masses are suffering a cash crises is normally seen as elitst.

Thats my 2p & why I would have a lack of interest & would be surprised if I was alone in that veiw.

Edited by bert
Phantom 1181
AC-227 IC 304
blaze / halo 586

Black no sugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Black no sugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 08 at 10:40pm

LOL Had fun with the editing tools, Bert?

I think that all these legal wrangles alienate more and more that elite end of the sport from the grass roots we are. We used to look up to these races as the pinnacle of big boat sailing; it's slowing sinking into a dark, expensive farce. Pity.

Lukepiewalker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lukepiewalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 08 at 10:50pm
And the counter appeal is in!!!

All things being equal I feel the DoG challenge must be the way forward. Won't look great if we have two hideously expensive half built multihulls abandoned to build some expensive monohulls.
Seems a bit wasteful to me, and from a PR point of view that can't fail to be a bad thing.
Ex-Finn GBR533 "Pie Hard"
Ex-National 12 3253 "Seawitch"
Ex-National 12 2961 "Curved Air"
Ex-Mirror 59096 "Voodoo Chile"
bert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 08 at 3:11am
Originally posted by Black no sugar

LOL Had fun with the editing tools, Bert?

Yeah & the spelling is still bad! One day I`ll get it right possibly?

Edited by bert
Phantom 1181
AC-227 IC 304
blaze / halo 586

Stefan Lloyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Stefan Lloyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 08 at 6:31am

Originally posted by bert

So use the law courts to bend the rules to make winning easier, Not a good image for the sport

BMWO and its supporters would assert that isn't what they are doing at all. Perhaps you should look into the history of what's happened a bit more.

bert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 08 at 7:11pm

The precreived picture is rule bending & I can`t be bothered to follow the BS or follow up on the history ( see point below ) because it`s not interesting to watch a sport that I enjoyed being mucked about by RICH OLD MEN,Even if we are talking about lead mines which again don`t interest ME

BTW History is something that you should use to learn from,BUT history is alway writtern by the WINNERS NOT the LOSER`s OR is nessasary the truth.

So up to my 6 Pence worth & will not be going for 8 Pence

Phantom 1181
AC-227 IC 304
blaze / halo 586

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12