FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Would I be bored in a Laser ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
neilboys View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote neilboys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Would I be bored in a Laser ?
    Posted: 11 Jun 08 at 3:46pm

Wish I had never sold mine............you can sail them in any conditions, there is an art to sailing them well (which you can constantly refine) and anyone who got bored in a Laser was'nt really trying...........go for it, get a reasonable one (and the 8.1 as an optional rig)............they are an easy target to dismiss by the ill informed......

kensail View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kensail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 08 at 4:45pm
Thanks guy's, the only reason I was thinking of outing my Vareo was the weight problem, too little, but I think I may well stick with it and start eating pies - lots of them. Could well look out for second bioat to try out, who knows.
ken
kensail View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kensail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 08 at 11:39am
James, from what I have seen of you, you need double portions. The annoying thing is I moan about weight, there's nothing of you but you leave me far behind in the Vareo's (I guess that would include all other classes as well.
ken
Villan View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Villan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 08 at 5:39pm
Yeh Ken .. That'll be me!

I think mr TT does have double portions though .. Especially with a young'un to look after! (And another one on the way ... Cute fluffy Gizmo! )

I'll try and pop up to Alton in August (Hopefully I will be driving by then) ... Hopefully your fleet will all still be there, and we'll see how many of them we can get out on the water at once.

On another note .. I tried a Phantom last night ... and absolutely loved it! If I had the money, I'd get one! I was planing down the lake while everyone else was basically sat still! (This is while the Vareo barely had enough wind to get me hiking)

Now that the Solution is being made by Ovington, I may have to wait a few months, book a test sail, see how the hulls turn out, and maybe even get one (When the 2nd hand market appears )
Vareo - 149 "Secrets"
TandyUK Servers
kensail View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kensail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 08 at 5:40pm
Oh well James, hope you enjoyed the moment of stardom, yes, I must admit, "skinny dipping" sounds about right for the James I was thinking of, BUT, the bugger still leaves me behind. On that note I still have lots of room for improvement in the Vareo. Back to the drawing board.
ken
kensail View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kensail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 08 at 5:52pm
Hi James aka Secrets! yes you are right, I meant you' needless to say. Good hearing from you soooooooooh the compliments are yours. Sounds as if you are really buzzing around, are you going for the 2012 Olympics by any chance? By then, I guess, our Nigel will be lifting me in the boat (If his belly does not get in the way) When you are in the area we will be pleased to see you, I will find you an Oppi and see if I can beat you in whatever I have then. Keep in touch.
ken
JimC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JimC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 08 at 6:44pm
The only person who knows whether you'll get bored is you: its such a personal thing. After many years in two handers with kites and serious offwind speed I now sail a spinnaker free singlehander, and no, I don't get bored. Its kinda nice to have a relaxing leg of the course at my age.

On the other hand the spinnaker free singlehander in question is an International Canoe...
tack'ho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tack'ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 08 at 2:30pm

Originally posted by Villan

Yeh Ken .. That'll be me!

Now that the Solution is being made by Ovington, I may have to wait a few months, book a test sail, see how the hulls turn out, and maybe even get one (When the 2nd hand market appears )

The hull  has always been made by Ovingtons.

I might be sailing it, but it's still sh**e!
Lukepiewalker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lukepiewalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 08 at 6:00pm
What he said. It is now also being marketed by Ovington, but they have always built them.
Ex-Finn GBR533 "Pie Hard"
Ex-National 12 3253 "Seawitch"
Ex-National 12 2961 "Curved Air"
Ex-Mirror 59096 "Voodoo Chile"
Villan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Villan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 08 at 6:21pm
Yeh yeh .. Fine, Marketed and fitted out by Ovingtons then!
Vareo - 149 "Secrets"
TandyUK Servers
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>