FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Give a boat a bad name...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415>
Author
sailor girl View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote sailor girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Give a boat a bad name...
    Posted: 26 Nov 04 at 12:57pm
umm, does any one else talk to their boat?    strange thing i do!
Sailor Girl, Queen Of The Forum!
Contender443 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Contender443 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 04 at 1:22pm
Sailor girl - everyone does, especially if it is single hander. Most men treat their boats like their partners / wifes/ girlfriends etc. Some of us are nice to our boats, some of us are not.....

Edited by Contender443
Bonnie Lass Contender 1764
Lucy Lee View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lucy Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 04 at 2:34pm

Mine get's called 'little miss fatty' when there is no breeze, 'cos it's obvious she is a little bit over the minimum weight and a little bit wide on the chine!

Or perhaps the helm is talking to me not the boat?

Fly Cherub!
Brian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 04 at 4:17pm
yes contender? treat their boat like their what?

Post Options Post Options   Quote sailor girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 04 at 5:42pm
yes contender, what were u going to say?!!!!!!!
Phil eltringham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phil eltringham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 04 at 6:10pm

[Quick disclaimer before all the girls out there hunt me down: women do have many advantages over boats (they also make the best crews!!) but given this is a sailing forum I'm going to stick to the other side of the argument]. 

Boats are like girlfriends, only better because: although they take up all your free time and money they won't moan if don't see them a couple of weeks or sell them on for a newer shinier model. 

FLAT IS FAST!
Shifts Happen
Contender443 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Contender443 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 04 at 6:40pm

OK been back and editted my post - I hope my wife does not see it  As I am not always very nice to my boat, especially when she decides not to tack properly

Like it Phil - I am on the point of a divorce in favour of a younger model. I will let you decide if I will be divorcing my wife or boat. Remember I am Scottish and will pick the cheapest option

Mind you the cheapest option may result in the expensive option if she disapproves.

Edited by Contender443
Bonnie Lass Contender 1764

Post Options Post Options   Quote sailor girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 04 at 7:06pm
well, if u can say that boats are like women/girlfiends etc i will say that they are also like boyfriends/guys etc!!!! two can play that game!!! lol

Post Options Post Options   Quote sailor girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 04 at 7:08pm
oh, and by the way, does love and care come in to this???? you have to love and care about boats just as much as your partners!! lol
hurricane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hurricane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 04 at 7:48pm
do u or is anyone the type that never maintains the boat at all just trades her in every so often
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415>