FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

calling brian the computer genius

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
sailor.jon View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote sailor.jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 05 at 11:49am
yeah i could see it in the "post reply" box but then when the post was posted it was a white box with the red cross in the corner
ioanlavery View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote ioanlavery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 05 at 11:53am

Oh well - guess it's over to someone else then ....sorry
Are you using a PC or Mac?

Just thought I'd try another fab pic

aka YoYo
redback View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote redback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 05 at 1:51pm

I right clicked on ioanlavery's missing picture and it gave me a path to a picture on his hard disk.  Now I'm sure he doesn't want everybody accessing his hard disk so he should really put it on the web somewhere and then with the correct address we can all see it and his disk can stay secure.

I've not done it myself but I believe YAHOO give you some disk space if you just sign up (at no cost) for their yhoo groups.  What's more they have a nice easy interface for compiling albums of photographs.  Have a look.

Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote ioanlavery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 05 at 1:56pm
Oops ! That would explain why I can see the pics and no-one else can.

The previous picture I posted was that of a Welsh Flag .. no doubt the majority of you wouldn't have wanted to see that anyhow !
aka YoYo
Brian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 05 at 4:34pm

mark, macs do sorta hav a right mouse button... if u hold down control and then click it works the same as the right button on a pc. and DONT MOCK MACS, THEY RULE!!!

quick example of how dell and IBM and all the PC people are fooling the public:

lets say u hav a top spec pc, the processor is.. wat about 3 GHZ. now, u compare that to the latest mac which i think is about 2ghz, and u think, oh jeez wat is up wit those apple people they are so expensive and their processor is even slower. well, your wrong! in benchmark tests an apple 1ghz came out as 3 times faster than a 1ghz pc, so now u see, the mac is 6 pc version GHZ, not 2. it is all to do with the layout of the processor, which i think is made by Motorola. so... yeah. Macs rule. they look better too.

Rant over

sailor girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote sailor girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 05 at 5:16pm
Sailor Girl, Queen Of The Forum!
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote ioanlavery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 05 at 5:18pm
aka YoYo
redback View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote redback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 05 at 6:20pm

Yes, Apples are good.  I happen to know a bit about microprocessors.  The PC chip is based on an old Intel chip.  Its been souped up until its almost unrecognisable, but that original design still limits it in some ways.  Now the Apple chip (designed by Motorola) is again souped up but from a design which is more recent and was rather leading edge in its day.

I'm trying to think of a car analogy.  The PC chip is like a souped up Ford Cortina and the Apple chip is like a souped Vauxhall Astra.  What do you think would be fastest?

Rob.e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rob.e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 05 at 7:58pm
A bicycle

Edited by Rob.e
Barty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Barty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 05 at 8:37pm

From the forum help:

Images can be added to your posts, if the forum administrators have allowed uploading of images you can use this to upload an image from your own computer into your message. However, if image uploading is not available then you will need to link to the image that needs to be stored on a publicly accessible web server, eg. http://www.mysite.com/my-picture.jpg.

Surely this means that in some threads this options has been activated and others not.  Is this a case of the way the groups of headings have been set up? 

Edited by Barty
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>