FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Insurance

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Smight at BBSC View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Smight at BBSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Insurance
    Posted: 08 May 08 at 7:09am
Had a little tussle sailing in the laser 2000 open at bbsc. Some berk on the start line decided to push everyone up without giving time to react. This meant that the boat that some one had kindly lent us got damaged. We then had to protest the boat that hit us to prove fault. We one the protest but they still argued that it was coming of our boats insurance. We were assured this was wrong so decided to ask your opinions (especially that of Mr Nobel who they are insured with).

Thanks Smight.

RS600 988
radixon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote radixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 08 at 8:22am

I would PM Mr Noble (Chris Noble) and at least that way he gets an email too.

Never done a boat insurance claim, but I am sure its the same with car insurance that you get there details and then you let your ins. co. have the details and if you can get them, any witness's too. Witnesses can assist you speed up the claim, cos if you say one thing and the other party disagrees, then it could end in stalemate, whereas another statement assists.

Best bet is to give them a ring Smight.

Jamie600 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jamie600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 08 at 9:59am

If they have been proved at fault by protest, it should come off their insurance. When things like that have happened to me we've swapped insurance details, the companies have then spoken to each other directly and the bill goes to the insurance company of the boat at fault.

RS600 1001
Isis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Isis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 08 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by radixon

Chris has nothing to do with insurance, but im sure hed love to get an email anyway
Noble Marine View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote Noble Marine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 08 at 12:33pm
Smight

The situation of events has been described slightly differently to us.  I'll send you a pm with more details.

Jon

PS  As has been pointed out by Isis, Chris Noble does not work for Noble Marine.
Noble Marine View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote Noble Marine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 08 at 12:59pm
Smight

Can you clear your inbox?  You've got too many messages there.

Jon
radixon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote radixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 08 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by Isis

Originally posted by radixon

Chris has nothing to do with insurance, but im sure hed love to get an email anyway

I stand corrected, my mistake, Sorry.

Smight at BBSC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Smight at BBSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 08 at 5:34pm
Sorry deleted my pm's and sorry Chris got it wrong. 

Edited by Smight at BBSC
RS600 988
 Post Reply Post Reply