FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Whats the matter with the forum.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
radixon View Drop Down
Really should get out more
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote radixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 08 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by laserboy404

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Xs8HWN6UyE

This should be a Sticky in the forum, this is quality. Well done Laser404 for finding it!!
Guest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 08 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by foaminatthedeck

Originally posted by Guest#260

I quite agree Jim but for me the problem here isn't the language of the posts (although some are not very polite) it's the quality ....

I think that I agree with Jim.

Rick what can be done to improve the quality of posts?

I guess the forum needs to attract more keen sailors of all levels and types who are engaged enough to post interesting and insigtful stuff ... and the admin team need to deal with trolls ...

Perhaps the magazine could promote the forum to try and get some new blood on board ...

Edited by Guest#260
bdu98252 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bdu98252 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 08 at 4:29pm

The problem with this forum is that certain individuals appear to be under the illusion that they are anonymous. I dont really think that it would be that hard to track down some of the members on this forum. If you go to the Scottish Skiff Racing forum to the Musto Skiff forum you don't get any of the banal crap that is the majority of this forum. This is for the simple reason that at the next sailing event you may very well find yourself on the end of a firm slap or slightly embarassed that you came last when your alter ego on this forum indicates that you are in fact Ben Ainslie.

The only thing worth looking at on this forum are the photos and videos. Look forward to seeing you in the bar, John Reekie, Musto Skiff GBR 312, where i am sure you can tell me I am wrong in person.   

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910