FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wouldn’t it be nice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wouldn’t it be nice
    Posted: 13 Mar 08 at 12:40pm

wouldn't it be good if some system of ranking could be worked out for forumites that enabled people to see what qualified them to make comments on boats or subjects.

...not sure if that was clear, example:-

If some one sl*gs off a boat or makes patronising comments about some boat, or maybe waxes expertly on a given subject, then the ranking system could flag them as:-

An expert on that boat or subject (Fortunately there are plenty of these here)

A person with limited experience of that boat or subject (there are plenty of these also although most would not admit it)

or a complete Bullsh***er (That's my kind of territory)

Also a system where by a particular boat could only be mentioned proportionate to the numbers of that boat currently being raced in the UK. This would weed out all of the overly vocal minorities. (including the Laser II)

There are many members of this forum that have obvious expertise and copious amounts of common sense but casual readers are not likely to be able to seperate the wheat from the chaff.

Pie in the sky I know but "wouldn't it be nice"

Edited by GK.LaserII
radixon View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote radixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 08 at 2:19pm

Still confused, but thats because I skim read it.

Oh well, will read later,

JimC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JimC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 08 at 6:15pm
No!
Smight at BBSC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Smight at BBSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 08 at 6:30pm
I concur Jim.  
RS600 988
Merlinboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Merlinboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 08 at 6:44pm
It would be nice! i would probably be banned though!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 08 at 7:01pm

Originally posted by JimC

No!

Originally posted by Smight at BBSC

I concur Jim.  

oh go on, you know you want to agree. A bu**sh*t spotter with alarm claxons pointing flags followed by a small explosion

quality not quantity.

Edited by GK.LaserII
radixon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote radixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 08 at 7:58pm
Nah, means I can hide and bluff my way out of it. Mind you I have normally seen or sailed a boat I comment on.
Merlinboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Merlinboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 08 at 12:21am

This forum is all about people who have issues with their p3nis size! Its all about who has sailed in the most wind, who has the most amount of carbon  and whatever there gps said is gospel! Its also about sl*gging off the main companies that support growth and encourage beginners to join our fantastic sport, because obviously a massive multinational company like laser know nothing about designing successful boats that appeal to the masses, and some young oik in his garage does! I'm as guilty as the next forum-tee, but even i am getting bored of it now!

There is a huge collection of over opinionated ill-informed people on here that post just to get 5 stars, and sometimes don't realise the damaging effect they have on new comers to our sport!

I dont mean to upset anyone but i have just come back from the pub and felt like a rant!

bert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 08 at 3:35am
Originally posted by Merlinboy

There is a huge collection of over opinionated ill-informed people on here that post just to get 5 stars, and sometimes don't realise the damaging effect they have on new comers to our sport!

i dont mean to upset anyone but i have just come back from the pub and felt like a rant!

good point through as shown by the second posting

Phantom 1181
AC-227 IC 304
blaze / halo 586

hollandsd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hollandsd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 08 at 6:54am
Originally posted by Merlinboy

This forum is all about people who have issues with their p3nis size!

I dont mean to upset anyone but i have just come back from the pub and felt like a rant!

Are we talking about grumpf?

no offfence mate

Laser 184084
Tasar 3501
RS600 698
RS600 782
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>