FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bad Weather

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Barty View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Barty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bad Weather
    Posted: 10 Mar 08 at 12:34pm

In the far North of Scotland we probably have 60+ mph winds once a month through the winter.  2 years ago we had winds over 100 mph and even the 1m thick walls in our old stone house started shaking with the shock waves

Just sleep easy knowing that us up here take all the lows so you can have the highs !!!!!

tack'ho View Drop Down
Really should get out more
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote tack'ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 08 at 10:34am
Always makes me laugh.  The North of the Country was, to use the BBC venacular, 'Lashed' by 70-80mph gusts for 2 weekends on the trot.  It uprooted trees round here and even blew down some Grannys gable end ooooeeerrr.  Not a word on the National news and a reasonably matter of fact on the local.  Same for the South and you'd think the world was gonna end!  I bet the real locals of Cornwall (not the second house, kids with 29ers types) are as worried as they have been for the last 1000 years, 'close door properly son, gettin 'a bit blowy out'  Man up!!
I might be sailing it, but it's still sh**e!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 08 at 2:33pm

Monday not looking good. possible 80mph winds (BBC) from the SW or S (windguru), 7.6mtr tide (BBC)............some SE clubs may not have any beach left

take down your masts, turn the boat hull up and check the tie downs

Edited by GK.LaserII
 Post Reply Post Reply