FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

MPS deck...paint it?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Merlinboy View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Merlinboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MPS deck...paint it?
    Posted: 18 Feb 08 at 7:54am

No disrespect to Furgus but i doubt winning the Musto nationals straight away is going to be his problem! Not as long as the Stenhouses are still in the class! It seemd to me an ideal way into a class which has really high risidual values! From what i have seen the Musto class seems really friendly and i think they would just be really happy to see another boat at the opens! I can't see ISAF even bothering abou it to be honest even if a major handicap event was won such as the Tiger or Bloody mary! It measure as a Musto, its recognised by the class! What has it got to do with ISAF?

In fact what has ISAF got to do with it at all ?

alstorer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote alstorer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 08 at 8:58am
Originally posted by Merlinboy

What has it got to do with ISAF?

In fact what has ISAF got to do with it at all ?

It's an International class. This means the class rules are administered by the ISAF- and any rule changes/exceptions to One-Design status etc have to be approved.

29er397 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 29er397 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 08 at 9:51am
and hence as it has been approved there are no issues

back to my original question.... merlinboy suggested car paint, would it be up to the job? any other sort of paint that might be better? baring in mind i only want a very thin coat so as not to add too much weight.
Guest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 08 at 9:58am

Originally posted by Chris Bridges

Yes but I have heard if you do well at anything big and do well the ISAF make a fuss because its meant to be a one design class... By class rules its fine though.

Where did you hear that Chris?

Chris Turner View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote Chris Turner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 08 at 11:34am

I'd follow Merlinboy's suggestion and get a car body shop to have a look, they're cheap as chips and the finish will be very good. 

[/QUOTE]

Or better still, just drive down the road and have it done properly at Ovington Boats.

Chris Bridges View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Chris Bridges Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 08 at 11:47am
Originally posted by Guest#260

Yes but I have heard if you do well at anything big and do well the ISAF make a fuss because its meant to be a one design class... By class rules its fine though.

Ant Chapman
49er GBR735 (for sale) - Rutland SC
Guest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 08 at 11:51am

Originally posted by Guest#260

Ant Chapman

Unfortunatly he mis-informed you ...

Chris Bridges View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Chris Bridges Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 08 at 11:53am
OK, fair enough.. Sounds like the boat was already bought anyway as I only found out at the weekend. He said at the worlds (not sure what year) one did well and a fuss was made by ISAF.
49er GBR735 (for sale) - Rutland SC
olly_love View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote olly_love Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 08 at 1:30pm
talk to bov itis his old one
TWO FRANK-Hunter Impala

Guest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 08 at 1:33pm

OK, fair enough.. Sounds like the boat was already bought anyway as I only found out at the weekend. He said at the worlds (not sure what year) one did well and a fuss was made by ISAF.

I guess you must have missunderstood him ....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>