FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Excel Boat Show a waste of time.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Villan View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Villan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Excel Boat Show a waste of time.
    Posted: 16 Jan 08 at 10:15pm
Yeh .. We looked for the PicoPool ...

And were severley disapointed that it wasnt there!!
Vareo - 149 "Secrets"
TandyUK Servers
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 08 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by theycallmegod

I went- i thought the cherub stand was Excellent,
as was the B14 one.I was particullarly impressed with the 12" skiffs, but the
RS500 looked a little sparse....

You're not trying to torment me are you God?

Shouldn't you be in heaven, trying to keep the Cherubim in order?

Answering their prayers like....

"Please God make me as brave as GRF so I can sail on the sea one day"
$alty_dog41409 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote $alty_dog41409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 08 at 10:25pm

Originally posted by Villan

Excel = Yottie ( Saw so many people seriously considering some of those ... lead .. things ... ) .. and as per GRF's observations, they were all old, had their slippers on, and many were going grey. ( And didnt look like they would use a boat for any other purpose than somewhere to sit in the summer ... The poor yacht wouldnt even leave its dock apart from the winter for cleaning! )

ey ey ey. im a yottie type person aswell. even though im 16. and they ent all like that. some of us do actually use them for racing. and its a lot more complicated start with lots of big boats than with lots of small ones.

im still a dinghy person though. but doing a bit of both is good.

Vortex 1108    Cookie Monster
tgruitt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tgruitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 08 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by $alty_dog41409

Originally posted by Villan

Excel = Yottie ( Saw so many people seriously considering some of those ... lead .. things ... ) .. and as per GRF's observations, they were all old, had their slippers on, and many were going grey. ( And didnt look like they would use a boat for any other purpose than somewhere to sit in the summer ... The poor yacht wouldnt even leave its dock apart from the winter for cleaning! )

ey ey ey. im a yottie type person aswell. even though im 16. and they ent all like that. some of us do actually use them for racing. and its a lot more complicated start with lots of big boats than with lots of small ones.

im still a dinghy person though. but doing a bit of both is good.

Do schools not teach people to use capital letters after a full stop nowadays? I think what he meant to say was:

Hello. I'm a person who sails yachts as well, even though I am only 16 years of age. They are not all like that, some of us do actually use them for racing. It's a lot more complicated at the start with lots of big boats compared to small ones.
I sail dinghies too, I think sailing in a bit of both is good.
Needs to sail more...
Ross View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 08 at 11:43pm
I was considoring going to the show but it sounds like I made the right decision in not going.

I get bored of yachts very quickley. It's nice to go out for a weekend during the summer, but otherwise it's an expensive way to have a few beers and pull bits of string every 25 mins.

G.R.F, I would sail on the sea, It's just that i'm yet to find any coastal waters in North London .

Edited by Ross
Ross
If you can't carry it, don't sail it!
MerlinMags View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote MerlinMags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 08 at 10:08am
I do despair of the washing-up bowl boats.

At least in Sainsburys when I buy a washing-up bowl I have a choice of 3 colours....
alstorer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote alstorer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 08 at 3:39pm
The washing up bowl boats predominate as it is in the first instance a trade show after all. The main customers for dinghies at the show are sailing schools and holiday companies- OK, so the biggies will likely have all their deals for the season done before hand, but the multitude of smaller ones won't. And schools/holiday companies aren't interested into outright speed or competitive fleets, they're more interested in durability and price. And rotomolds win on price and durability, full stop.
radixon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote radixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 08 at 8:18pm
Ross- Its only an hours drive to the East Coast, if you fancy a sea sail!!

$altydog, we don't do MSN chat/text talk on here, only proper talk!!!

MerlinMags - I like your style, and that comes from a Y+Y Admin member!!!!!

$alty_dog41409 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote $alty_dog41409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 08 at 8:20pm

Sorry guys. Too much time on msn has taken it's toll. I get lazy at typing and don't bother with punctuation and capitals.

Vortex 1108    Cookie Monster
timnoyce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote timnoyce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 08 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by MerlinMags

I do despair of the washing-up bowl boats.

At least in Sainsburys when I buy a washing-up bowl I have a choice of 3 colours....

Didnt see any washing up bowls on our stand! They're all real man built yachts!
BEARFOOT DESIGN
Cherub 2648 - Comfortably Numb
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>