FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sailwave

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AlexM View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote AlexM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sailwave
    Posted: 13 Jan 08 at 7:44pm

Is it possible on sailwave to generate results for fleets as well as the overall result?  i.e. if you had an all-in race so you wanted to show who had won overall as well as in the fast, medium and slow fleet separately?  i have seen the option when you insert a new boat, there is a fleet option but i haven't got this to work

Alex

JohnW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JohnW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 08 at 11:59pm
Yes.
Assuming you have allocated each boat to their respective fleet (eg Gold, Silver etc)
When you click on Score Series select the "Score groups of competitors separately" option and group by Fleet.
When you select publish you can select the required fleet or all fleets.

For the overall result, score the series again but this time select the "Score all competitors as one group" option.
(Im using Version 1.94, which I think is the latest version)

Simon Lovesey View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote Simon Lovesey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 08 at 9:23am
This is one of  the very useful features  in SailWave.

1.  When entering competitors assign them to any sub fleets you are using

2.  When scoring the Series,  select the 'Score groups of competitors separately'  option (see screen shot).  In fact you can score separately on any field,  very useful if you want to produce results by club for example

www.sailracer.org
Online Sailing Results, GPS Tracking & Event Management
AlexM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AlexM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 08 at 12:43pm

Brilliant !

Thanks, Alex

sailwave View Drop Down
Sailwave Moderators
Sailwave Moderators

Post Options Post Options   Quote sailwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 08 at 2:18pm

Just a further note.  There are two ways: score as one group and extract the fleet results based on those overall results or score the groups separately.  Most of the time that produces the same results but not always - which can be confusing.  I'm tending more and more to the extraction route because it's eaiser to explain.  Interestingly, SIs are often wooly about how to get fleet results from overall results...

Post Reply Post Reply