FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

how old do u have to be?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Brian View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 05 at 9:21pm
too big for a 29er i reckon, so aimin 4 an Iso, which look pretty close performance wise, thanks for the support there sailor girl (and stop callin me, its not my fault u cant come online!)
sailor.jon View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote sailor.jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 05 at 9:25pm
look he's already fighting off the women! :P

Brian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 05 at 9:34pm
i rather think women are fighting to get away from me mate...

Post Options Post Options   Quote sailor.jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 05 at 10:12pm
well don't tell em to stop ringing u then, i want to go see my g/f no fone credit lol

Edited by sailor.jon
sailor girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote sailor girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 05 at 6:13pm
i was pranking you, it's suposed to anoy you and then you would stop texting me grrrrrrr i think we have been through this way too many times, do i have to change my number or somthing...and don't try making out that im trying to get in contact with you, far from it
Sailor Girl, Queen Of The Forum!
Brian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 05 at 6:17pm
told ya jon

Post Options Post Options   Quote sailor.jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 05 at 6:18pm
lol, i beleive u now
Lazorsharp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lazorsharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 05 at 7:36pm
How old do u hav to be to be an instructor? I know u need qualifications but do u need to be over 16 or summat?
Garry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Garry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 05 at 8:28pm
UK? RYA site has all the requirements (www.rya.org.uk - look under training)but to be an instructor you have to be 16 (I'm doing this from memory but think I'm correct!) You also need to pass a pre-entry assessment before doing the course, which isn't too difficult if you're doing plenty of sailing (most people I've spoken to are worried about the sailing without a rudder but in my view MOB is more difficult because you have to get it perfect first time). If I remember rightly mine was in a F5 with big waves and I had to slam the boom out to stop the boat as I was travelling too fast. We also did it with a real crew falling in the water and if it hadn't been for the safetyboat standing by them I would have lost sight of them after going 2 boat lengths. You also now need powerboat level 2.

Bear in mind that you will have to be able to sail a range of boats competently and if you're smallish that can be a challenge in a Wayfarer (on the other hand you haven't seen me (85Kg) sail an Oppie).

Edited by Garry
Garry

Lark 2252, Contender 298

www.cuckoos.eclipse.co.uk
Rob.e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rob.e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 05 at 8:35pm
Good to see Sailor Girl and Brian sniping at each other again, just waiting for Hurricane to wade in now....BTW, I wish I could get my dad to do my OOD for me, but he just wants to nick my boat when I can't sail it! He's 74....I guess it's my fault for buying a Solo, he never tried to go out in the 300!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>