FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cool live cam at excel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
FireballNeil View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote FireballNeil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cool live cam at excel
    Posted: 07 Jan 08 at 3:40pm

http://www.londonboatshow.com/livecam/webcam1/

Quite interesting to see the stands growing by the day! Can also play the guess the stand game!

Neil

alstorer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote alstorer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 08 at 6:29pm
From Camera 1, that's clearly Laser close to the camera.

From Camera 2, that would appear to be the Topper stand right under the camera- though it may well be a sailing school that just happens to have decided to park Toppers and a Magno on their stand. My (three time) former employers are rather obvious, and that would appear to be Sunsail to their right.

Now, grabbing my copy of Y&Y, I'm right about it being Topper. But as for the others visible, well, I'm not autisitic enough to look them up armed with a map that has only reference numbers, and a paper list that is in alphabetical order. The website is no help.
Webmuppet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Webmuppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 08 at 6:39pm
Spent several minutes of head scratching trying to identify one of the boats on the Laser stand......however I think that I might have worked it out, the one with the blue stripes on the hull, it might be a sunfish ? (from the Vanguard US range)
Confused
Nigel
I am the milkman of human kindness, I will leave an extra pint (Billy Bragg)

Graduate 2530 'Galaxy'
alstorer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote alstorer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 08 at 9:22pm
Hmm, the sails on the Topper Topaz 14CX are HORRIBLY coloured. Some sort of Old Skool Hobie thing going on there. And that'll be the RS stand opposite the Laser one.
$alty_dog41409 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote $alty_dog41409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 08 at 9:31pm

i agree. that 14CX looks disgusting. it would be an embarassment sailing it with those on there.

i can see the k6 there on the RS stand but whats the other boat right on the left with the clear sails does anyone know?

Vortex 1108    Cookie Monster
Villan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Villan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 08 at 9:38pm
Vareo
Vareo - 149 "Secrets"
TandyUK Servers
tmoore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 08 at 9:44pm

yea, there is k6, 200, 500, vareo, feva behind vario

cant help but notice there are is no 300 or 700 on the rs stand. might still come yet though.

do you think they sell these boats on cheap after the show? or do they keep them as display/demo boats?

Landlocked in Africa
RS300 - 410
Firefly F517 - Nutshell
Micro Magic RC yacht - Eclipse
Villan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Villan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 08 at 9:54pm
They'll be the demo boats .... They have probably never actually been sailed!
Vareo - 149 "Secrets"
TandyUK Servers
tmoore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 08 at 9:56pm
sounds like they could be a bit of a deal when they sell them on. saying that, for one designs they wouldnt need to replace them anyway.
Landlocked in Africa
RS300 - 410
Firefly F517 - Nutshell
Micro Magic RC yacht - Eclipse
radixon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote radixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 08 at 7:36pm
Just seen the other cameras. There is now an outside camera. Good to see a LIVE wind shot.

The Sunsail camera shows the stand my friend will be working!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>