FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Boat hull colours

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
Harry44981! View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Harry44981! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boat hull colours
    Posted: 07 Jan 05 at 4:11pm
i think they call it something like 'dawn grey'
headfry View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote headfry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 05 at 4:24pm
there does not seem to be many of this colour about, and none for sale at the moment, to girlie I guess!

Edited by headfry
jeffers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jeffers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 05 at 4:25pm
dawn grey....vela grey.....I call it dirty white!!
Paul
----------------------
D-Zero GBR 74
JimC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JimC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 05 at 5:21pm
Gray does seem to have been fashionable the last few years in 400s, red very old hat. Blue has been popular all the time.

Jim C

Of course others of us have a bit more imagination:-)

(Photos Fluid Fotos, Champion, DailySail, Bloodaxe Boats)
Pierre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pierre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 05 at 5:25pm
Nice one Jim.  You Cherub boys are well handy with the old spray can.  Shame you're all colour blind
Stefan Lloyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Stefan Lloyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 05 at 8:47am

Originally posted by Garry

Not wanting to be a wet blanket but: if you're OCS and know and don't go back/retire that's an infringement of rule 2 or if the PRO can't identify the boats over there should be a general recall - even if its just one boat!

Well yes but in a big fleet in the middle of the line it is very often difficult to know if you are OCS or not, and anybody who has raced a while will have come across committees who will let a start go when maybe they shouldn't have.

Garry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Garry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 05 at 4:21pm
Stefan

I agree and I did say if you knew and that can be very difficult even in a small fleet. I do think that sportsmanship has declined over the 25 years I've been racing, particularly in club racing, it seems the attitude is more about what you can get away with.
Garry

Lark 2252, Contender 298

www.cuckoos.eclipse.co.uk
Bruce Starbuck View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruce Starbuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 05 at 8:38pm

Garry, you should see what goes on in the European Olympic circuit events. It can be disgusting, some of the rule abuse. Club racing observes impeccible levels of sportsmanship in comparison.

Many "club" sailors are often unaware they have broken rules due to a lower level of knowledge, wheras the professional sailors know full well when they are cheating, but usually just decide whether or not to do turns in a "risk management" style. I.e. they will estimate the likelyhood of being protested for a particular incident, before deciding whether or not to take a penalty. (usually not). The top guys will quite often do their turns, as they have more to lose, but I found the levels of cheating in mid-fleet to be astonishing in the Olympic events I did, even down to the level of near-fist-fights at leeward marks and people pulling their boats along with the gunwhales of other boats.

Stefan Lloyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Stefan Lloyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 05 at 7:40am
I think the big rules revision ('97?) has a lot to answer for. Prior to that, the rules were much clearer on who had right of way and also who had the onus to prove they were in the right in a protest. As a result, it was rarer for people to push their luck knowing they were unlikely to win a protest. The attempt to change the rules to make collisions less likely by making both boats at fault has actually had the opposite effect.
olly_love View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote olly_love Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 05 at 4:02pm

getting back to the topic

doesany one have any ideas what colour i should paint my international 14 i am thinking black whith yellow warning strips

blue with a lightening bolt

pink(i have a pink harness)

or floressent orange

oh an does any one know wher i can get silver paint cause that would look soo good( and blind the competitiors)

TWO FRANK-Hunter Impala

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>