FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Venues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Lucy Lee View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Lucy Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Venues
    Posted: 07 Jan 05 at 10:50am

Harry,

there are venue guides for loads of places on the Daily Sail, if you are a subscriber. I am assuming you are checking them out for events, not looking for a new club seeing as Largs & Stokes are at opposite ends of the country!

Fly Cherub!
Harry44981! View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Harry44981! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 05 at 4:09pm
yes they're for events!
Lucy Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lucy Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 05 at 4:12pm

Well, you might be deciding where to go for university.

If I'd thought about it I might have chosen somewhere further south than Edinburgh where I gave myself frostbite team racing on a loch that was half covered in ice thick enough to stand on! I have great photos somewhere of six larks 'moored' alongside the ice with the teams changing boats by skating from the red fleet to the green fleet. brrrrrrr.

Fly Cherub!
Harry44981! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Harry44981! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 05 at 4:20pm
I'm sure when i decide where to go when the time comes i'm sure i'll get my priorities sorted and go for the best sailing
sailor girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote sailor girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 05 at 4:47pm
Of course!!
Sailor Girl, Queen Of The Forum!
hurricane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hurricane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 05 at 5:12pm
its alll about southhampton
Doctor Clifford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Doctor Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 05 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by Harry44981!

I'm sure when i decide where to go when the time comes i'm sure i'll get my priorities sorted and go for the best sailing

assuming you stop wasting time on forums and knuckle down to some hard work (unless you choose something like psychology, in which case, carry on!)

regards
Dr. Clifford

take two tablets twice daily
redback View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote redback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 05 at 6:07pm
I've heard the trouble with Southampton is that there are so many sailors trying to get involved that they can't cater for them all.  For instance if you haven't already made a name for yourself on the team racing circuit you might as well not bother because all the places are taken by the stars.
Blobby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Blobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 05 at 5:41am

As an ex-Southampton uni sailor - it was cr@p, don't bother.

You only sail at a puddle the size of a fish pond at Ringwood, it is surrounded by trees so there is no wind and as Redback said, the sailing is only set up for the in few who all know each other from the existing youth and team racing circuits.

If you are already in the crowd, fine, but very difficult to break into otherwise.

Also, if you think you will take your own boat and sail at a local club on the Solent then you need a car which is great for an overdraft but gives you less beer money.

Strathclyde was better - at least you get to sail at Largs and you can get there on the train very easily.

Yann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Yann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 05 at 4:08pm
Its all about london, anyone whos been to the welsh harp knows im right.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>