FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Weird things happening...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Merlinboy View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Merlinboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weird things happening...
    Posted: 14 Nov 07 at 4:03pm
I Recon you should be able to get more then 6 stars!!!  Trouble is i have noticed recently a couple of people or newbies posting absolute Bollo!! to get there star count up (Very sad )
MerlinMags View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote MerlinMags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 07 at 4:08pm
I didn't realise you couldn't change a forum name....had never looked. Well, anything is possible when you have the magic keys to the database, but perhaps I'll have a think first to make sure it doesnt break anything. Drop me an email to remind me though!

If you use the new community pages then you can edit your location in there - the forum only allows countries to be picked from a dropdown list, but the community bit overrides it.
See http://www.yachtsandyachting.com/community/

Cover me in chocolate bicuits? 3458 of them, to be precise? Perhaps just 2 would be better....I eat too much as it is...thank goodness for a super-high metabolism.
Black no sugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Black no sugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 07 at 5:46pm

Got it! I've changed my location. Much more precise than the old "United Kingdom".

As for the chocolate biscuits, perhaps we should revive the Jaffa Cakes thread as a healthier alternative?

"A balanced diet is a Jaffa Cake in each hand." (BWD, circa 2005)  

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 07 at 6:40pm

..somewhere between Brighton and Lancing could be somewhere in Australia.

Originally posted by Merlinboy

I Recon you should be able to get more then 6 stars!!!  Trouble is i have noticed recently a couple of people or newbies posting absolute Bollo!! to get there star count up (Very sad )

Please start a new topic titled the "The definition of Bollo** according to Merlin boy" so that Newbies can avoid offending you.....

Edited by GK.LaserII
Black no sugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Black no sugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 07 at 7:27pm

Originally posted by GaznJax

Please start a new topic titled the "The definition of Bollo** according to Merlin boy" so that Newbies can avoid offending you.....

Eaaaasy! Scroll back in time to Merlinboy's first posts

... or Carshalton's, or Knightmare, or Sailor Girl's, or Dr Clifford's, or BWD... To be honest, the first six months of the forum were mostly taken by people slowly discovering what star you were going to get next.

In those days, four stars was all you could get, until Mark Jardine created the "5th Star Status" for Sailor Girl. She'd reached about 700 posts at the time. After that, "Really should get out more" got awarded at 500 posts.  

Brian decided he didn't want to be sooooo sad and stopped posting at 499 for a long time. He tried to come back recently but the old magic wasn't there any longer; he couldn't recognise anyone.

As for old codgers like Pierre (he joined in March 04), he's still here, alive and kicking, and the fountain of all knowledge!  

Contender 541 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Contender 541 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 07 at 7:56pm

and once again, BNS proves why she is the forum mother

Play nicely boys and girls 

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's probably best not to stir it - Pointy Haired Boss

Crew on 505 8780

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 07 at 8:14pm
hurricane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hurricane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 07 at 11:21pm

BNS how come I was missed off that list

I have been here since day 2!!!!

Edited by hurricane
lifes to short to sail slow boats!

RIP Olympic Tornado 1976-2007
Calum_Reid View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Calum_Reid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 07 at 11:29pm
me too. might have been day 3 or 4

Also i just noticed my post count must have reset at some point too i didnt have as many as some but alot more than 11. think i had about 1000 odd

Edited by Calum_Reid
hurricane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hurricane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 07 at 11:39pm

Calum I know you have been here a while but look at your profile when you make claims like that tehheeee

every post has the persons joining date on

lifes to short to sail slow boats!

RIP Olympic Tornado 1976-2007
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>