FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Boats 2005

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 14>
Author
Wave Rider View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Wave Rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Boats 2005
    Posted: 07 Mar 05 at 5:23pm

Hmm yeah that would be a good idea but then you can't sail it in bigger winds really because you are meant to be able to sail a Vago single handed but i dont think many juniors would keep that  up single handed in a F5+

-[Franko]-
Chew Valley Lake Sailing Club
           RS600 933
sailorguy View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote sailorguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 05 at 5:37pm
i dont think all these comprimise boats are very good. like the pico, feva, vago etc... they are all for both single and doulble handers. there should either be a singlehander or a double hander, but not both!
RS 500 (twin wire)
Laser 157607
Laser 85446
Pico 2136
carshalton fc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote carshalton fc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 05 at 6:38pm
i think if they made a realy good one people would buy it.
International 14 1503

Post Options Post Options   Quote Wave Rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 05 at 6:40pm
yes but it's a very hard job to make a very good boat because if it was easy there would be one on the market at the moment
           -[Franko]-
           RS600 933

Post Options Post Options   Quote carshalton fc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 05 at 7:14pm
yer good point. 
International 14 1503
KnightMare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote KnightMare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 05 at 7:27pm

As has bin said in many other parts of forum. you cant compare all types of boat against one another, because each type has its good + bad points and honestly you cant expect to integrate al the good point in one boat as they are al such different styles of boat.

It may end up an average all round boat, but I would much prefer an amazing but very specfic boat.

Post Options Post Options   Quote carshalton fc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 05 at 7:31pm
yer but a mum or dad who want the fun of single hander.  but at the same time wants someone to race with when it gets windy or days out?
International 14 1503
KnightMare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote KnightMare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 05 at 7:42pm

im not saying they are a bad idea jsut it is gona b very hard to make a truly amazing (good) boat the works for all requirements

Post Options Post Options   Quote carshalton fc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 05 at 8:06pm
yer for most people they will sail a percific boat that serves most of the requements that they. 
International 14 1503

Post Options Post Options   Quote Wave Rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 05 at 8:43pm

Yeah and i think there is quite a few family boats on the market..........i don't think there is any need for more roto moulded crap plastic boats.

I think we need more designs like high performace single handers and double handers but single especially like the Musto Skiff !!!!!

-[Franko]-
           RS600 933
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 14>