FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Yachts & Yachting Forum - Thoughts?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
iansmithofotley View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote iansmithofotley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yachts & Yachting Forum - Thoughts?
    Posted: 31 Dec 04 at 8:12pm

Hi everyone,

First of all I would just like to wish everyone a happy new year and good sailing and racing in 2005.

The Y & Y forum has been running for about ten months now and I was just wondering what everyone thought of it, so far.  Personally, I have really enjoyed reading the various topics and have occasionally contributed to the discussions. I have learned alot about many classes of boat, about the people that sail them and the clubs where they are sailed. I look forward to checking out the posts every day. Which topics have you enjoyed the most and the least, how could the forum be improved, are the headings and sub headings appropriate, what are your thoughts?

Finally, thanks to Mark, Gael and the rest of the Y & Y team for this great facility.

Ian  (Yorkshire Dales S.C.)

sailor girl View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote sailor girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 05 at 10:27am
Amen, thanks guys!
i think top topics would have to be the sexiest/ugliest dinghy and for me 'sponsorship' as i have had some great tips (thanks!.
this forum keeps me from boredem while im at school to!! Thanks for all the laughs as well!
Sailor Girl, Queen Of The Forum!
Harry44981! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Harry44981! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 05 at 10:47am

Repeat all above posts for me too!

Thankyou y&y team!

hurricane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hurricane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 05 at 1:25pm

all i can add is i hope the forum continues to grow in 2005!!

Bruce Starbuck View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruce Starbuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 05 at 1:34pm

It's been an excellent addition.

Not sure about the topics though. I think it'd be better with no topics, just a big free-for all. Also, the best bit is being anonymous and writing things you would never say if you had to put your name to it. (tee hee). Unfortunately, that means I can't enter the new sailor database thing, as it all logs on in the same process.

bigwavedave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bigwavedave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 05 at 4:53pm

Some of the squabbles have had me in fits (you know who you are). Where would we be without all those teenage hormones wizzing over the internet

hurricane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hurricane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 05 at 5:53pm
i hope your not talking about me  or my fellow teens
redback View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote redback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 05 at 6:23pm

Oh, he must be talking about me then!

sailor girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote sailor girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 05 at 6:23pm
it's all been a great laugh and i have 'met' some great people on here (you no who u r!!!) thankyou!!
Sailor Girl, Queen Of The Forum!
Brian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 05 at 9:41pm
be careful with that word sailor girl....  (no one else will get it, but whatever)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>