FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Too old for sailing?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
headfry View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote headfry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Too old for sailing?
    Posted: 23 Dec 04 at 3:37pm
 Hi Marga, what does   &nbs p;   mean? 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 04 at 3:47pm
I dont know.Is a mistery.   My message was to give you may thanks.
headfry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote headfry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 04 at 3:51pm

No probs, I was just worried that I had offended you.

Have a great Christmas Marga, hope you get to sail in '05, let me know how it goes.

redback View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote redback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 04 at 5:34pm
Hi Marga, why not a small 3 person keel boat.  The crew could operate the ropes and you could use your experience and develope skills in pointing the boat in the right direction.  There's navigation, tactics, strategy and boat speed all controlled by the person on the helm.  The crew merely do your bidding.  D'you know I'm beginning to fancy it myself.  Actually it's much that way in my Laser 4000.  The boat is so difficult to sail I just sit comfortable and let the crew do most of the work, however I don't suggest you get a 4000 - the main is really quite heavy.
bigwavedave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bigwavedave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 04 at 5:38pm
Although I really hate to admit it, that wing drive thing that is on another thread might be the answer. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 04 at 7:11pm

Dear Dave.

You are brave to talk about Wing-Drive after our deal. But you are right. I think I will recommend marga to have a look at http://www.dahlberg-sa.com/kd/index.html

bigwavedave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bigwavedave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 04 at 9:24am
Not brave, just trying to be helpful. 
ChrisJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ChrisJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 04 at 4:29pm
When I started sailing on the Broads, about 30 years ago, there was a lady of (it was rumoured) over 85 sailing. She used to be wheeled up in her wheel chair and lifted into the boat (one of the traditional 2-person Broads "Brown Boats"). Her crew would handle the main and jib sheets, while she steered. And she was not pleased with herself or the boat if she didn't finish in the top 3!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 04 at 10:07am
Dear bigwavedave and Kjell.
Happy new sailing year 2005 to you. I have had a look to the Wing-Drive. It is not a bad idea. The racing is over for me and this way of sailing seems me to be a very safety system eliminated the terrible capsizing risk.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 04 at 1:13pm

Hi marga .

Get in contact direct to me on kjell@dahlberg-sa.com and I will help you to be able to enjoy Simple Safe Sailing this summer.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>