FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dinghy Development for the mature sailor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 16>
Author
maxim View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dinghy Development for the mature sailor
    Posted: 14 Jan 05 at 2:10pm
"me ole barkers"

Just this bit I'm struggling with...

Any ideas??

Max
maxim View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 05 at 2:12pm
"me ole barkers"

Any ideas??

Max
Pierre View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pierre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 05 at 2:15pm

Originally posted by maxim

"me ole barkers"

Any ideas??

Max

The old plates of meat I think.....

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 05 at 2:23pm

Barker - barque - an ole fashioned sailin shup with semi square rigged  riggin n sails , a cheerful assimily to the overweight wooden dogs wot I sail !

sorry

Tobes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tobes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 05 at 2:24pm

Originally posted by Brian

wat? all i see is two oafs holding some certs with cheesy grins plastered
all over their faces. and, i had been to that gallery already, yesterday.
there are no good looking women, as far as i can see.
and yes, i know there are three pages

For someone who clearly has no real idea what he should be sailing, with a tarty picture of a southern hemisphere boat that rarely even crosses the Equator as an avatar, you seem to have a very strong opinion of people who you have never met!

It was my understanding that forums were for sensible discusion on wide ranging fields not character assassinaton.

I would be delighted to know what on basis you been form forming your judgements of classes and the people who sail them. Have you ever attended a Fastsail event or an event for one of the fastsail classes, do you even know an FD sailor? Oh do you even have a boat?

If the FD is slow and skiffs are fast, I'm confused! The 2004 PY for the FD was 878 making it faster than the majority of 'skiffs' currently on the market including the B14. Oh and it was designed 50 years ago so 'skiff' level performance is nothing new!

If you want an argument on why you should sail an FD in preference to to other classes, try the abiltiy to be sailed by a wide range of ages (16 - 60+ at worlds), very high perfomance, circa 100 boats at worlds/ europeans, good sea boat (unlike all skiffs), can be sailed in a decent breeze (class races in 30+ knot safely) and very high level of sailors including a good number of Olympians.

But anyway, I did not really start wiriting this to sell the FD to you, I know along with many other people that the class will survive quite probably for another 50 years. My reason for being here is to hopefully see some kind of apology ofr the rude comments you have made about some of the individuals in the FD class.

Oh, one last thing, have you ever mentioned anywhere in here what you actually sail? Given your attitude to other classes, I'm sure there are a lot of people who would be quite amused to find out!

As a final word of advice, think a little more about what you write, I'm the first who has decided to take offence, but at this rate you might find I'm the first of many!

Edited by Tobes
Cath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 05 at 2:27pm

Originally posted by Brian

EXCUSE ME! i am a computer geniusman! whose the one with the class
self-made avatar and the linked signature picture huh? huh? im not going
to join fastsail just to look at a picture of some moderately hot bird in a
wetsuit.

Brian - if you are a computer geniusman then the ability to create an animated avatar is not evidence. My 10 year old created animated avatars after a 15 minute lesson. Both sites are maintained and managed by the members of Fastsail, for the members of Fastsail. Mike (my partner) and I built Fastsail.org but it is now managed and envigorated by a dozen people, none of whom had great experience of the internet and all of whom have been encouraged and enabled to manage the site. It's not rocket science and it is all done for free.

I suggest that before you go round knocking the voluntary work and dedication of others you consider what you have done for your sport recently. I notice that your hyperlinked signature is for a commercial organisation so every time you post here your effectively doing it for money by advertising that company.

And finally, Brian, people don't join fastsail to look at women in wetsuits. We have male and female members who range in age from 6 to 80. They join because they love sailing. If looking at women in wetsuits is more your line, then I agree, it is not the place for you.

Fastsail - Symmetry in Motion
Tobes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tobes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 05 at 2:37pm
Told you!
Harry44981! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Harry44981! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 05 at 4:22pm
rooted brian, i had this argument last nite on msn with him when he said all sym. boats are crap.
sailor girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote sailor girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 05 at 4:29pm
Cath, hi its sarah (used to sail jav with nick, don't know if you remember!?!)

Brian doesn't have a boat, he hardly sails and can be the most anoying person i know.

Edited by sailor girl
Sailor Girl, Queen Of The Forum!
Cath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 05 at 4:44pm

Originally posted by sailor girl

Cath, hi its sarah (used to sail jav with nick, don't know if you remember!?!)

Of course I remember you Sarah. What are you sailing now? Any plans to get back into a Jav. It would be great to see you at the SGP this year!

Fastsail - Symmetry in Motion
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 16>