FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dinghy Development for the mature sailor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 16>
Author
Pierre View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Pierre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dinghy Development for the mature sailor
    Posted: 13 Jan 05 at 6:12pm

Ah well, never mind

Darryn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darryn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 05 at 9:32pm

Formula 18, Hobie Tiger or similar. Trapezing for the helm is easier then hiking on a cat so dont let that put you off.  Dont let prejudice against cats put you off a type of sailing that could keep you in the sport, there all sailboats.  Try one.

Darryn

redback View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote redback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 05 at 10:46pm

http://www.sailimages.com/gallery/picture.php?cat=11&ima ge_id=184&expand=6,11,6

I hope this link works.  If it does you'll have to admit it - it's one hell of a good looking boat.

Brian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 05 at 8:32am
.......and wat? cmon redback, its nowhere near as nice as the Laser 4000!
NeilP View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote NeilP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 05 at 10:21am

Thanks, redback. The great thing about the FD is that it's better than it looks!!

JimR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JimR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 05 at 12:00pm
Unlike the Laser 4000??................
rogerd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rogerd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 05 at 12:49pm

"Thanks, redback. The great thing about the FD is that it's better than it looks!! "

And it looks bl**dy great

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 05 at 1:33pm

Looks more like an ole flying fifteen shacked up with a 70's throw back xtra inefficient genny added for effect , brought a tear to me ole salt encrusted eye , if it wasn't for me wooden legs would give one a bash ,

These new fangled wotsit skuff jobs look like pants wetters to me , I like me ole barkers in the watter , safer that way and keeps the baccy dry !

Plenty room on Dutcmen too for sandwiches and flask o tea .

Pop yur sarny in a XX er sail pocket and kiss it goodbye .

Pierre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pierre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 05 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Bob Inn

Looks more like an ole flying fifteen shacked up with a 70's throw back xtra inefficient genny added for effect , brought a tear to me ole salt encrusted eye , if it wasn't for me wooden legs would give one a bash ,

These new fangled wotsit skuff jobs look like pants wetters to me , I like me ole barkers in the watter , safer that way and keeps the baccy dry !

Plenty room on Dutcmen too for sandwiches and flask o tea .

Pop yur sarny in a XX er sail pocket and kiss it goodbye

What depth of knowledge and experience we are privileged with on this site. Bless him.

sailor girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote sailor girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 05 at 2:05pm
     umm, can someone translate that for me please!
Sailor Girl, Queen Of The Forum!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 16>