FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

12ft Skiffs...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
Author
andy_cherub View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote andy_cherub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 07 at 8:47am

Yes when I first started sailing havoc had great issues with the back sinking. The worst was during light wind tacks even with the crew in the spinny bin & after a capsize or during a capsize! Experimented with various arrangements of duck tape at the back, but then decided it wasnt letting the water out quick enough and still peeved us in backwards! I then got a new boom and Temple Vang for it, its actaully made all the difference! Two "lardys" can drift round with the no1 rig up for a week and not piss it in backwards - also practice is the key!

So we have mastered the boat!! WOOO! Im still gona box in the gantry just to give it a bit more umph when its comming upright as thats now the worst stage.

Ohh the joys of no rear tanks, and then we see the Woof - they can just walk around in that boat its unfunny!!

-12ft skiff, Team 'CST Composites'
-Many thanks goes out to all of my sponsors.
Ignore my user name, my views are of a 12ft skiff
Skiffe View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote Skiffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 07 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by andy_cherub

Yes when I first started sailing havoc had great issues with the back sinking. The worst was during light wind tacks even with the crew in the spinny bin & after a capsize or during a capsize! Experimented with various arrangements of duck tape at the back, but then decided it wasnt letting the water out quick enough and still peeved us in backwards! I then got a new boom and Temple Vang for it, its actaully made all the difference! Two "lardys" can drift round with the no1 rig up for a week and not piss it in backwards - also practice is the key!

So we have mastered the boat!! WOOO! Im still gona box in the gantry just to give it a bit more umph when its comming upright as thats now the worst stage.

Ohh the joys of no rear tanks, and then we see the Woof - they can just walk around in that boat its unfunny!!

a_stevo and my 12 are the same hull shape (Nash 4) as Havoc. I don't think we have ever reverse mined it!

12footers. The Only Way to FLY

Remember Professionals built the titanic, Amateurs built the ark.

Post Options Post Options   Quote andy_cherub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 07 at 3:25pm

Bet you dont have a 14stone helm sitting over the back!! lol like I said - we got i under control now! I got some pix of it about somewhere doing it! haha

Skiffe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Skiffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 07 at 12:49pm
no I don't he's only 13.5 stone I'm 14 stone
12footers. The Only Way to FLY

Remember Professionals built the titanic, Amateurs built the ark.
Smight at BBSC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Smight at BBSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 07 at 7:29pm
FATTIES !!
I14 1482 For sale. PM if interested.

Post Options Post Options   Quote andy_cherub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 07 at 8:06am

Originally posted by Smight at BBSC

FATTIES !!

Thats why we sail a 12 isnt it

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213